School launches lunchtime unicycle challenge
- Credit: Sub
A secondary school has launched a new lunchtime initiative.
Pupils at Clevedon School can enjoy the art of unicycling.
Students went head-to-head in a unicycling time trial during the hour-long lunch break.
Headteacher Jim Smith said: “The unicycle challenge was yet another example of pushing the boundaries of what students think they can achieve.
“By raising aspirations in many different ways it leads to culture of excellence and success being the norm.”
You may also want to watch:
The unicycle was invented by Americans in the 19th century and are single-wheeled vehicles.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 6 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 7 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 8 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 9 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 10 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool