School launches lunchtime unicycle challenge
- Credit: Sub
A secondary school has launched a new lunchtime initiative.
Pupils at Clevedon School can enjoy the art of unicycling.
Students went head-to-head in a unicycling time trial during the hour-long lunch break.
Headteacher Jim Smith said: “The unicycle challenge was yet another example of pushing the boundaries of what students think they can achieve.
“By raising aspirations in many different ways it leads to culture of excellence and success being the norm.”
You may also want to watch:
The unicycle was invented by Americans in the 19th century and are single-wheeled vehicles.
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 5 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 6 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 9 Charity launches cream tea fundraiser
- 10 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom