Trustee sought for new special school in North Somerset
- Credit: Pixabay
A multi-academy trust is looking for a trustee and governors to help steer the development of a new special school in Churchill.
The school was given the go-ahead in 2020 to provide 65 places for children aged five to 16 with social, emotional and mental health needs. Currently students with these needs have to travel outside of North Somerset for school.
Learn@ Multi Academy Trust, which will run the new school, is looking for a trustee who will help to appoint a headteacher, key staff and create an academy council. A trustee is required to start as soon as possible, and governors from September.
The new school features many specialist facilities, such as sensory rooms, therapy spaces and vocational learning areas, as well as lots of outdoor space for play and learning.
The trust is hoping to run the school on a temporary site from September 2022, ready to fully open in 2023.
To find out more about becoming a trustee, call 01174 566513.
- 1 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 2 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 3 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 4 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 5 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 6 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 7 Clevedon School orders year groups to self-isolate after Covid outbreak
- 8 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 9 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in North Somerset
- 10 Clevedon LTC launch new beginners groups