Trustee sought for new special school in North Somerset
- Credit: Pixabay
A multi-academy trust is looking for a trustee and governors to help steer the development of a new special school in Churchill.
The school was given the go-ahead in 2020 to provide 65 places for children aged five to 16 with social, emotional and mental health needs. Currently students with these needs have to travel outside of North Somerset for school.
Learn@ Multi Academy Trust, which will run the new school, is looking for a trustee who will help to appoint a headteacher, key staff and create an academy council. A trustee is required to start as soon as possible, and governors from September.
The new school features many specialist facilities, such as sensory rooms, therapy spaces and vocational learning areas, as well as lots of outdoor space for play and learning.
The trust is hoping to run the school on a temporary site from September 2022, ready to fully open in 2023.
To find out more about becoming a trustee, call 01174 566513.
- 1 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 2 Ashton & Backwell United progress in FA Vase after win at Stonehouse Town
- 3 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 4 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 5 Clevedon's home match with Gordano will be 'hugely proud moment' for Owen
- 6 Wildlife expert joins Portishead Arts Festival line-up
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Staff working 'tirelessly' to reopen school after 'catastrophic' flood damage
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 10 Funds of £20k available for North Somerset groups