Portishead school holds toy sale and fireworks event
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising toy sale was held in Portishead at the weekend.
High Down Schools’ Parent-Staff Association (PSA) staged the event on Saturday morning in an effort to raise some extra funds for the infant and junior schools’ activities.
Parents were encouraged to clear their cupboards and garages of unwanted children’s items and to take them along to the sale.
It meant a wide range of items were available to purchase, including games, books, DVDs, toys, computer games and more.
The PSA agreed that families could keep 75 per cent of what the items were sold for, with the remaining 25 per cent going towards school funds.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday was a very busy day at the school with a fireworks evening also taking place.
Dozens of families enjoyed the colourful display which lit up the skyline across Portishead.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 5 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 6 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 8 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 9 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 10 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village