Top universities await students
MANY jubilant teenagers from Backwell School are off to university later this year due to ‘excellent’ A-level results.
A quarter of sixth form students scooped grade A* or A, and more than 20 gained at least three A* or As.
Outstanding performances spanned a wide- range of subjects, including a creative and media diploma, in which Chloe Howse and Dan Leaman shined with Dan achieving four A* grades, and Chloe twoA*s and an A.
Head boy Matt John was awarded four A*s plus a distinction in the Advanced Extension Award, and will study Maths at Cambridge University, where he will be joined by Sarah Hill with her four A*s and Adam Mason with three A*s and an A.
Katie MacMahon, who got three As, and head girl Alice Wilcox with an A* and two As have chosen the blues of Oxford University.
You may also want to watch:
While Amy Leach celebrated after achieving three straight A*s.
Headteacher Julian Baldwin said: “We are very pleased with this group of students’ excellent achievements.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 7 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 10 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
“So many have made great progress over the last two years.
“We are proud, not just of those who have achieved the very highest grades, but of the very large number of students who, after much hard work, have achieved their very best.
“They have been a delightful year group, and are now fully equipped for the next stage in their lives, be it in the world of work or in higher education.”