Top universities await students
MANY jubilant teenagers from Backwell School are off to university later this year due to ‘excellent’ A-level results.
A quarter of sixth form students scooped grade A* or A, and more than 20 gained at least three A* or As.
Outstanding performances spanned a wide- range of subjects, including a creative and media diploma, in which Chloe Howse and Dan Leaman shined with Dan achieving four A* grades, and Chloe twoA*s and an A.
Head boy Matt John was awarded four A*s plus a distinction in the Advanced Extension Award, and will study Maths at Cambridge University, where he will be joined by Sarah Hill with her four A*s and Adam Mason with three A*s and an A.
Katie MacMahon, who got three As, and head girl Alice Wilcox with an A* and two As have chosen the blues of Oxford University.
While Amy Leach celebrated after achieving three straight A*s.
Headteacher Julian Baldwin said: “We are very pleased with this group of students’ excellent achievements.
- 1 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 2 Primary school children raise almost £300 at bake sale in Clevedon
- 3 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 4 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 5 Van destroyed by fire on busy village route
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Clevedon Pier set to host Queen's Jubilee party
- 8 Nailsea's Trendlewood Park needs volunteers
- 9 New chair elected at North Somerset Council
- 10 Artists work on show at exhibition in Congresbury this weekend
“So many have made great progress over the last two years.
“We are proud, not just of those who have achieved the very highest grades, but of the very large number of students who, after much hard work, have achieved their very best.
“They have been a delightful year group, and are now fully equipped for the next stage in their lives, be it in the world of work or in higher education.”