Top universities await students
MANY jubilant teenagers from Backwell School are off to university later this year due to ‘excellent’ A-level results.
A quarter of sixth form students scooped grade A* or A, and more than 20 gained at least three A* or As.
Outstanding performances spanned a wide- range of subjects, including a creative and media diploma, in which Chloe Howse and Dan Leaman shined with Dan achieving four A* grades, and Chloe twoA*s and an A.
Head boy Matt John was awarded four A*s plus a distinction in the Advanced Extension Award, and will study Maths at Cambridge University, where he will be joined by Sarah Hill with her four A*s and Adam Mason with three A*s and an A.
Katie MacMahon, who got three As, and head girl Alice Wilcox with an A* and two As have chosen the blues of Oxford University.
You may also want to watch:
While Amy Leach celebrated after achieving three straight A*s.
Headteacher Julian Baldwin said: “We are very pleased with this group of students’ excellent achievements.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
“So many have made great progress over the last two years.
“We are proud, not just of those who have achieved the very highest grades, but of the very large number of students who, after much hard work, have achieved their very best.
“They have been a delightful year group, and are now fully equipped for the next stage in their lives, be it in the world of work or in higher education.”