Top Ofsted award given to Clevedon playgroup
- Credit: Archant
A playgroup in Clevedon has been awarded its second outstanding Ofsted rating in the past five years.
Sunbeams Playgroup, which is based in the grounds of Mary Elton Primary School, achieved the top ranking in all four of the key areas, including quality of teaching and effectiveness of the leadership.
The report, which followed an inspection carried out on March 8, praised staff’s knowledge of early years care and support for children while also describing children’s behaviour as ‘exemplary’.
It states: “Staff are exceptionally skilful in helping children to acknowledge their own feelings, think of others and resolve any conflict amicably.
“As a result, children’s behaviour is exemplary.
You may also want to watch:
“Children are extremely motivated to learn and join in with activities. They arrive eager to participate.
“Children make outstanding progress from their starting points and older children are extremely well-prepared for school.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
“The staff are extremely successful in promoting children’s social and emotional development.”
Sarah Parker, the owner and joint manager of the playgroup, added: “We are absolutely over the moon and I’m really proud of the whole team for the achievement.
“We are of course very fortunate to have a brilliant purpose-built setting with lovely resources inside and out.”
The playgroup achieved its previous outstanding rating as a result of its last inspection in 2011, the year it moved to its current premises in Holland Road.