Former pupil becomes teacher at Tickenham school
- Credit: Archant
Confident seven-year-old Katie Carter told her teacher one day she would take her job after she retired.
Now, 16 years later, she has done just that at Tickenham Primary School, taking the place of Jacquie Townsend who has left after 20 years’ service.
Katie has now achieved her childhood ambition by becoming a teacher at the same school where she was a pupil.
She said: “I remember telling my teacher one day I would have her job, it is amazing I am now here.
“It is a tremendous little school, I could not be happier as a pupil and now as a teacher.”
You may also want to watch:
Jacquie added: “When I came to Tickenham, Katie was in my first class.
“She was always really enthusiastic about wanting to teach and I remember her choosing to play schools in her free time.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 10 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
“Tickenham has been a lovely school to teach at and I am sure that Katie will flourish in her teaching.”