Tickenham pupils learnt about Ancient Greece
- Credit: Supplied
Children in Tickenham have been learning all about ancient Greece.
Tickenham Primary School pupils have explored various subjects on ancient Greek life and culture including architecture, philosophy and the origins of the Olympics.
Co-headteacher Tristan Merriam said: “The pupils have excelled at their investigation and writing on the history and achievements of ancient Greece.
“It has been such fun and they have produced incredible pieces of writing commended by the North Somerset Writing Moderators.”
Each pupil created a document exploring the impact the Greeks have had on life in the 21st century and profiles on famous figures of the era.
You may also want to watch:
The school recently became part of the Clevedon Learning Trust, alongside Clevedon School, and Tickenham and Yeo Moor primary schools.
It also hopes to win funding from Tesco’s Bags of Help to build a reading haven next to its library.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 4 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery