Tickenham pupils learnt about Ancient Greece
- Credit: Supplied
Children in Tickenham have been learning all about ancient Greece.
Tickenham Primary School pupils have explored various subjects on ancient Greek life and culture including architecture, philosophy and the origins of the Olympics.
Co-headteacher Tristan Merriam said: “The pupils have excelled at their investigation and writing on the history and achievements of ancient Greece.
“It has been such fun and they have produced incredible pieces of writing commended by the North Somerset Writing Moderators.”
Each pupil created a document exploring the impact the Greeks have had on life in the 21st century and profiles on famous figures of the era.
You may also want to watch:
The school recently became part of the Clevedon Learning Trust, alongside Clevedon School, and Tickenham and Yeo Moor primary schools.
It also hopes to win funding from Tesco’s Bags of Help to build a reading haven next to its library.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 4 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 5 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 6 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 7 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 10 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5