Tickenham pupils learnt about Ancient Greece
- Credit: Supplied
Children in Tickenham have been learning all about ancient Greece.
Tickenham Primary School pupils have explored various subjects on ancient Greek life and culture including architecture, philosophy and the origins of the Olympics.
Co-headteacher Tristan Merriam said: “The pupils have excelled at their investigation and writing on the history and achievements of ancient Greece.
“It has been such fun and they have produced incredible pieces of writing commended by the North Somerset Writing Moderators.”
Each pupil created a document exploring the impact the Greeks have had on life in the 21st century and profiles on famous figures of the era.
You may also want to watch:
The school recently became part of the Clevedon Learning Trust, alongside Clevedon School, and Tickenham and Yeo Moor primary schools.
It also hopes to win funding from Tesco’s Bags of Help to build a reading haven next to its library.
- 1 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 2 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 8 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder