Tickenham pupils learnt about Ancient Greece
- Credit: Supplied
Children in Tickenham have been learning all about ancient Greece.
Tickenham Primary School pupils have explored various subjects on ancient Greek life and culture including architecture, philosophy and the origins of the Olympics.
Co-headteacher Tristan Merriam said: “The pupils have excelled at their investigation and writing on the history and achievements of ancient Greece.
“It has been such fun and they have produced incredible pieces of writing commended by the North Somerset Writing Moderators.”
Each pupil created a document exploring the impact the Greeks have had on life in the 21st century and profiles on famous figures of the era.
You may also want to watch:
The school recently became part of the Clevedon Learning Trust, alongside Clevedon School, and Tickenham and Yeo Moor primary schools.
It also hopes to win funding from Tesco’s Bags of Help to build a reading haven next to its library.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 6 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 7 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 8 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage