Teachers ‘proud’ of pupils’ Hairspray performance
- Credit: Supplied
Young performers have had a taste of the 1960s by performing one of the most popular musicals ever produced.
Tickenham Primary School pupils performed their own version of Hairspray to parents.
Children have been spending hours over the past few months perfecting their performances.
A school spokesman said: “What an incredible evening. The talent that shone through was just overwhelming.
“To put on something like this takes a great deal of effort, but the feeling at the end makes every second worth it.
“We are so proud of key stage two.
“Not every child can sing or dance but Tickenham children all absolutely try their hardest and it’s that energy and attitude that makes the whole production such a roaring success.
- 1 Monthly disco returns for people with disabilities in North Somerset
- 2 Al-fresco summer concert in Clevedon this weekend
- 3 The Hub to host open day in Portishead
- 4 COURT RESULTS: Speeding woman, 71, banned from driving
- 5 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
- 6 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
- 7 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 8 Weston woman in Commonwealth Games honour
- 9 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 10 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
“We are certain that every person who was lucky enough to watch the show will remember it forever.”
Money raised from the performance will go towards the school’s facilities.