Teachers ‘proud’ of pupils’ Hairspray performance
- Credit: Supplied
Young performers have had a taste of the 1960s by performing one of the most popular musicals ever produced.
Tickenham Primary School pupils performed their own version of Hairspray to parents.
Children have been spending hours over the past few months perfecting their performances.
A school spokesman said: “What an incredible evening. The talent that shone through was just overwhelming.
“To put on something like this takes a great deal of effort, but the feeling at the end makes every second worth it.
You may also want to watch:
“We are so proud of key stage two.
“Not every child can sing or dance but Tickenham children all absolutely try their hardest and it’s that energy and attitude that makes the whole production such a roaring success.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
“We are certain that every person who was lucky enough to watch the show will remember it forever.”
Money raised from the performance will go towards the school’s facilities.