Teachers ‘proud’ of pupils’ Hairspray performance
- Credit: Supplied
Young performers have had a taste of the 1960s by performing one of the most popular musicals ever produced.
Tickenham Primary School pupils performed their own version of Hairspray to parents.
Children have been spending hours over the past few months perfecting their performances.
A school spokesman said: “What an incredible evening. The talent that shone through was just overwhelming.
“To put on something like this takes a great deal of effort, but the feeling at the end makes every second worth it.
You may also want to watch:
“We are so proud of key stage two.
“Not every child can sing or dance but Tickenham children all absolutely try their hardest and it’s that energy and attitude that makes the whole production such a roaring success.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Camera club wants new members to join
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
“We are certain that every person who was lucky enough to watch the show will remember it forever.”
Money raised from the performance will go towards the school’s facilities.