Teachers ‘proud’ of pupils’ Hairspray performance
- Credit: Supplied
Young performers have had a taste of the 1960s by performing one of the most popular musicals ever produced.
Tickenham Primary School pupils performed their own version of Hairspray to parents.
Children have been spending hours over the past few months perfecting their performances.
A school spokesman said: “What an incredible evening. The talent that shone through was just overwhelming.
“To put on something like this takes a great deal of effort, but the feeling at the end makes every second worth it.
You may also want to watch:
“We are so proud of key stage two.
“Not every child can sing or dance but Tickenham children all absolutely try their hardest and it’s that energy and attitude that makes the whole production such a roaring success.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 6 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 9 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
“We are certain that every person who was lucky enough to watch the show will remember it forever.”
Money raised from the performance will go towards the school’s facilities.