Teachers ‘proud’ of pupils’ Hairspray performance
- Credit: Supplied
Young performers have had a taste of the 1960s by performing one of the most popular musicals ever produced.
Tickenham Primary School pupils performed their own version of Hairspray to parents.
Children have been spending hours over the past few months perfecting their performances.
A school spokesman said: “What an incredible evening. The talent that shone through was just overwhelming.
“To put on something like this takes a great deal of effort, but the feeling at the end makes every second worth it.
You may also want to watch:
“We are so proud of key stage two.
“Not every child can sing or dance but Tickenham children all absolutely try their hardest and it’s that energy and attitude that makes the whole production such a roaring success.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 5 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers
“We are certain that every person who was lucky enough to watch the show will remember it forever.”
Money raised from the performance will go towards the school’s facilities.