New £10,000 canopy for primary school
- Credit: Archant
A primary school has boosted its outdoor learning offerings thanks to a Lottery funding grant.
Tickenham Primary School, in Clevedon Road, has used a £10,000 Big Lottery Fund grant to build a canopy for years one and two pupils.
The outdoor learning environment, called juniper class, saw a giant whiteboard, paint panel and open-ended resources installed, which inspire mark making and literacy.
The timber canopy and all-weather surfacing create a space which children can access come rain or shine.
Headteacher Tristan Merriam said: “The children are loving having the opportunity to spend time outside in their lessons and we look forward to developing the space even more in the upcoming summer months.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks to Pentagon Play for building this excellent extension of learning within the learning environment for all weathers.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens