New £10,000 canopy for primary school
- Credit: Archant
A primary school has boosted its outdoor learning offerings thanks to a Lottery funding grant.
Tickenham Primary School, in Clevedon Road, has used a £10,000 Big Lottery Fund grant to build a canopy for years one and two pupils.
The outdoor learning environment, called juniper class, saw a giant whiteboard, paint panel and open-ended resources installed, which inspire mark making and literacy.
The timber canopy and all-weather surfacing create a space which children can access come rain or shine.
Headteacher Tristan Merriam said: “The children are loving having the opportunity to spend time outside in their lessons and we look forward to developing the space even more in the upcoming summer months.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks to Pentagon Play for building this excellent extension of learning within the learning environment for all weathers.”
- 1 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 4 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 5 Wrington store nominated for best in South West
- 6 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 7 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 8 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 9 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 10 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5