New £10,000 canopy for primary school
- Credit: Archant
A primary school has boosted its outdoor learning offerings thanks to a Lottery funding grant.
Tickenham Primary School, in Clevedon Road, has used a £10,000 Big Lottery Fund grant to build a canopy for years one and two pupils.
The outdoor learning environment, called juniper class, saw a giant whiteboard, paint panel and open-ended resources installed, which inspire mark making and literacy.
The timber canopy and all-weather surfacing create a space which children can access come rain or shine.
Headteacher Tristan Merriam said: “The children are loving having the opportunity to spend time outside in their lessons and we look forward to developing the space even more in the upcoming summer months.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks to Pentagon Play for building this excellent extension of learning within the learning environment for all weathers.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Special school expansion progress
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK