New £10,000 canopy for primary school
- Credit: Archant
A primary school has boosted its outdoor learning offerings thanks to a Lottery funding grant.
Tickenham Primary School, in Clevedon Road, has used a £10,000 Big Lottery Fund grant to build a canopy for years one and two pupils.
The outdoor learning environment, called juniper class, saw a giant whiteboard, paint panel and open-ended resources installed, which inspire mark making and literacy.
The timber canopy and all-weather surfacing create a space which children can access come rain or shine.
Headteacher Tristan Merriam said: “The children are loving having the opportunity to spend time outside in their lessons and we look forward to developing the space even more in the upcoming summer months.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks to Pentagon Play for building this excellent extension of learning within the learning environment for all weathers.”
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 5 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon