Tickenham nursery has improved significantly, rules Ofsted
- Credit: Archant
Education watchdog Ofsted has seen improvements made at Folly Farm Day Nursery in Tickenham, which is now rated as good.
Back in July last year the nursery, in Clevedon Road, was rated as requiring improvement, but over the past year changes have been made.
The nursery provides childcare for children from six months old up until they go to preschool.
The report read: “Leaders and managers have high expectations. They use effective methods to evaluate the provision and have developed accurate action plans to raise standards following the last inspection.
“Leaders and managers monitor children’s progress and the quality of teaching efficiently.”
Ofsted offered the nursery advice on how it can further improve to receive an outstanding rating.
It said the nursery should ‘review the organisation of activities to support children further to remain fully engaged in their learning’.
- 1 Yatton RFC make history with first ever under-nine game
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 4 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 5 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 6 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 7 New free BMX track proposed for Portishead
- 8 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin