Thumbs up for new outdoor classroom
- Credit: Archant
Lucky children in Nailsea are enjoying lessons in the sunshine in their new outdoor classroom.
Kingshill Friends Association held lots of fundraisers, including sponsored cake sales and discos, as it raised more than £2,000 towards the initiative.
The money paid for a new seat and some benches to be set up in the playground to cater for a whole class of children.
Pupils at Kingshill Church School have been learning a wide range of topics outside to make the most of the summer weather.
Headteacher Jan Thomson said the new equipment has already proved to be a good addition to the school.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “It can be used for storytelling, drama, maths, science and arts and all the curriculum subjects.
“It’s lovely, it’s made a big difference already and given us more opportunities to take classes outside.
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 7 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 10 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
“It’s being used all the time.”
Photo by David Kenneford.