Thousands raised by mile high parents
BRAVE parents jumped out of a plane to raise �7,500 for Wraxall Primary School.
The seven mums and three dads leapt from a plane at 12,000ft to raise funds to improve the school playing field for pupils.
Members of the community dug deep to support the daredevils and the school has so far raised �14,500.
Organisers still have a further �11,000 to raise so they can level the playing field and enable the children to take part in more sporting activities in the grounds. To give to the cause visit www.justgiving.com/milehighmums
The school will also be holding a Christmas fair on November 26 to raise more money for the cause.
You may also want to watch:
Festivities will take place at Flax Bourton Village Hall from 11am-2pm and will feature hot dogs, turkey rolls, mulled wine, mince pies, games and crafts for children, trade stands, face painting and there will also be a Santa’s grotto.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 8 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Green light for active travel scheme