Thousands raised by mile high parents
BRAVE parents jumped out of a plane to raise �7,500 for Wraxall Primary School.
The seven mums and three dads leapt from a plane at 12,000ft to raise funds to improve the school playing field for pupils.
Members of the community dug deep to support the daredevils and the school has so far raised �14,500.
Organisers still have a further �11,000 to raise so they can level the playing field and enable the children to take part in more sporting activities in the grounds. To give to the cause visit www.justgiving.com/milehighmums
The school will also be holding a Christmas fair on November 26 to raise more money for the cause.
You may also want to watch:
Festivities will take place at Flax Bourton Village Hall from 11am-2pm and will feature hot dogs, turkey rolls, mulled wine, mince pies, games and crafts for children, trade stands, face painting and there will also be a Santa’s grotto.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022
- 10 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022