Thousands raised by mile high parents
BRAVE parents jumped out of a plane to raise �7,500 for Wraxall Primary School.
The seven mums and three dads leapt from a plane at 12,000ft to raise funds to improve the school playing field for pupils.
Members of the community dug deep to support the daredevils and the school has so far raised �14,500.
Organisers still have a further �11,000 to raise so they can level the playing field and enable the children to take part in more sporting activities in the grounds. To give to the cause visit www.justgiving.com/milehighmums
The school will also be holding a Christmas fair on November 26 to raise more money for the cause.
Festivities will take place at Flax Bourton Village Hall from 11am-2pm and will feature hot dogs, turkey rolls, mulled wine, mince pies, games and crafts for children, trade stands, face painting and there will also be a Santa’s grotto.
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 3 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 4 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 5 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 6 Council urges North Somerset to follow Omicron rules
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 PICTURES: Mum and daughter launch 'buzzing' Christmas market
- 10 Nailsea & Backwell RFC maintain perfect start with Bristol Imperial win