Students to perform classic musical next month
Backwell School will be alive with the sound of music next month.
More than 100 students have been working together on the school production of The Sound Of Music, which will be performed in the theatre from February 11 to 14.
Producer and musical director Mrs Cooper said: "There was a lovely moment last week when finally the cast, crew and orchestra all met each other.
"I have wanted to stage this musical since I started teaching - it is truly iconic.
"Our school theatre has great acoustics, and I am really enjoying watching everything come together."
You may also want to watch:
Year 13 student Lottie Saul-Paterson, who is playing Maria, said: "People have very high expectations, and we are working so hard to be as good as some truly great performers like Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer."
Tickets, priced £10, are available at yourboxoffice.co.uk
- 1 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 2 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 8 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder