Students to perform classic musical next month
Backwell School will be alive with the sound of music next month.
More than 100 students have been working together on the school production of The Sound Of Music, which will be performed in the theatre from February 11 to 14.
Producer and musical director Mrs Cooper said: "There was a lovely moment last week when finally the cast, crew and orchestra all met each other.
"I have wanted to stage this musical since I started teaching - it is truly iconic.
"Our school theatre has great acoustics, and I am really enjoying watching everything come together."
You may also want to watch:
Year 13 student Lottie Saul-Paterson, who is playing Maria, said: "People have very high expectations, and we are working so hard to be as good as some truly great performers like Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer."
Tickets, priced £10, are available at yourboxoffice.co.uk
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 8 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend