Students to perform classic musical next month
Backwell School will be alive with the sound of music next month.
More than 100 students have been working together on the school production of The Sound Of Music, which will be performed in the theatre from February 11 to 14.
Producer and musical director Mrs Cooper said: "There was a lovely moment last week when finally the cast, crew and orchestra all met each other.
"I have wanted to stage this musical since I started teaching - it is truly iconic.
"Our school theatre has great acoustics, and I am really enjoying watching everything come together."
You may also want to watch:
Year 13 student Lottie Saul-Paterson, who is playing Maria, said: "People have very high expectations, and we are working so hard to be as good as some truly great performers like Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer."
Tickets, priced £10, are available at yourboxoffice.co.uk
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 4 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 5 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 6 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 7 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 8 Wrington store nominated for best in South West
- 9 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 10 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition