New mural unveiled at Portishead nursery
- Credit: Tracey Fowler
A Portishead artist has created a garden mural for children.
Preschoolers at The Nursery, in Combe Road, were excited to see characters, created by Tracie Fry, come to life on a one-metre high mural that has been installed alongside their outdoor play area.
Ruby Rag Doll, Quackers the Duck and Giggling Giraffe are just some of the characters that will also begin to appear on walls inside the nursery and as toys in the playrooms.
Nursery owner, Jackie Hardie, even has plans to write and publish adventure and life lesson books involving the lovable characters.
Tracie said: "I began painting murals for my children's bedrooms almost 20 years ago and have since created all sorts of art in all sorts of places, from commissions that hang on the walls of clients' homes to the baby changing room of a well know retail outlet.
You may also want to watch:
"I love creating and it's the best feeling ever when people get pleasure from my work."
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 9 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 10 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe