New mural unveiled at Portishead nursery
- Credit: Tracey Fowler
A Portishead artist has created a garden mural for children.
Preschoolers at The Nursery, in Combe Road, were excited to see characters, created by Tracie Fry, come to life on a one-metre high mural that has been installed alongside their outdoor play area.
Ruby Rag Doll, Quackers the Duck and Giggling Giraffe are just some of the characters that will also begin to appear on walls inside the nursery and as toys in the playrooms.
Nursery owner, Jackie Hardie, even has plans to write and publish adventure and life lesson books involving the lovable characters.
Tracie said: "I began painting murals for my children's bedrooms almost 20 years ago and have since created all sorts of art in all sorts of places, from commissions that hang on the walls of clients' homes to the baby changing room of a well know retail outlet.
You may also want to watch:
"I love creating and it's the best feeling ever when people get pleasure from my work."
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 7 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 8 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 9 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads