New mural unveiled at Portishead nursery
- Credit: Tracey Fowler
A Portishead artist has created a garden mural for children.
Preschoolers at The Nursery, in Combe Road, were excited to see characters, created by Tracie Fry, come to life on a one-metre high mural that has been installed alongside their outdoor play area.
Ruby Rag Doll, Quackers the Duck and Giggling Giraffe are just some of the characters that will also begin to appear on walls inside the nursery and as toys in the playrooms.
Nursery owner, Jackie Hardie, even has plans to write and publish adventure and life lesson books involving the lovable characters.
Tracie said: "I began painting murals for my children's bedrooms almost 20 years ago and have since created all sorts of art in all sorts of places, from commissions that hang on the walls of clients' homes to the baby changing room of a well know retail outlet.
You may also want to watch:
"I love creating and it's the best feeling ever when people get pleasure from my work."
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 6 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 7 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 8 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 9 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments