New mural unveiled at Portishead nursery
- Credit: Tracey Fowler
A Portishead artist has created a garden mural for children.
Preschoolers at The Nursery, in Combe Road, were excited to see characters, created by Tracie Fry, come to life on a one-metre high mural that has been installed alongside their outdoor play area.
Ruby Rag Doll, Quackers the Duck and Giggling Giraffe are just some of the characters that will also begin to appear on walls inside the nursery and as toys in the playrooms.
Nursery owner, Jackie Hardie, even has plans to write and publish adventure and life lesson books involving the lovable characters.
Tracie said: "I began painting murals for my children's bedrooms almost 20 years ago and have since created all sorts of art in all sorts of places, from commissions that hang on the walls of clients' homes to the baby changing room of a well know retail outlet.
You may also want to watch:
"I love creating and it's the best feeling ever when people get pleasure from my work."
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon