Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- Credit: Tracey Fowler
Birthday parties at a Portishead nursery are helping families keep some form of normality in their children’s lives during the latest national lockdown.
Birthday celebrations at The Nursery, in Combe Road, are proving to be a big hit during the pandemic at a time when parties with friends at home are no longer allowed under the new Government restrictions.
Manager, Natalie Collins, said: “Nurseries are currently providing early years’ children with some stability and normality during these unprecedented times.
“As part of that normality, we are finding more and more families are choosing to have a birthday party at The Nursery, so their children can still enjoy the usual birthday tea complete with balloons, hats, cake, games and party bags with friends they attend nursery with."
Sarah, whose two-year-old son regularly attends The Nursery, said: “We are really grateful that William was able to have a birthday party and celebrate with his friends at nursery as it just would not have been possible to do so at home given the current guidelines.
“He had a lovely time and so did all his friends.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 9 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend