The best of the best
- Credit: supplied
AWARDS were handed to St Katherine’s School pupils as it held its annual end-of-year Best of the Best presentation event.
After a week of year group assemblies, heads of faculties were given the task of choosing one student from each year group to reward.
As well as this, a community award, a headteacher’s award and a Steve Welsh award, given to a student who has overcome adversity, were given out.
Year seven pupil Gracie Shepherd was rewarded for raising £600 and donating her hair to the Little Princess Trust.
Charlotte Connolly, in year 10, received an award for her attitude to school life which has seen her maintain a positive attitude and always work hard.
You may also want to watch:
Also in year seven, Silham Omar (pictured) was rewarded for the efforts she puts into her school work despite having to cope with an illness which makes it difficult for her to walk and also causes her regular pain.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 3 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 4 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 5 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 6 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 7 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 8 Clevedon's Hayer enjoying international exposure
- 9 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 10 Local girls earn call-up to England squad