Nailsea school celebrates after winning football trophy
- Credit: Archant
Talented footballers from a Nailsea school are celebrating victory after coming top in a sports tournament.
A team of year five and six pupils from St Francis Primary School took part in a football tournament at Wraxall Primary School.
Six schools from North Somerset entered teams in the contest including Golden Valley primary and Kingshill Church School in Nailsea, Backwell juniors and Court de Wyck Church School in Claverham.
The teams were put into two groups and after playing matches against each other, the winners from each met each other in the final.
Footballers from St Francis Primary School beat the teams they played in the heats and faced players from Court de Wyck in the final.
You may also want to watch:
A school spokesman said: “It was a tough game but we managed to win 1-0.
“Everyone on the team did an excellent job and we are very proud of our new trophy.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 5 Clevedon school launches pop up shop to support low income families
- 6 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 7 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 8 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 9 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime