YOUNGSTERS will have the chance to explore future education and employment at a Portishead careers convention.
Over 45 leading businesses, universities, colleges and training providers will attend the annual event at Gordano School on October 4.
The event, which is being held at the St Mary’s Road school, will be open from 6-8pm for any students from local schools.
The convention, which has been hosted by the St Mary’s Road school for over a decade, will provide students with an opportunity to talk to experts about key business sectors and learn more about their future education and qualification needs.
Gordano School careers co-ordinator, Debbie Crosby, says that despite the current economic climate many organisations still value the opportunity to help guide and inform student’s career choices.
You may also want to watch:
The convention will be open from 6-8pm. Further information can be obtained by calling Debbie at the school on 01275 842606.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 10 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s