- Credit: supplied
THE innovative and creative talents of teenagers were demonstrated in a show organised by Portishead school students.
Supernova was the name given to this year’s design and technology show at Gordano School.
The event opened with an exhibition of work created by key stage four and five students based on their studies of product design, textiles and resistant materials.
A colourful fashion show followed, highlighting some of the stunning work produced by textiles students from years nine to 13. Pupils had taken their inspiration from designs and fashion from around the world including China, Morocco and India.
Closing the show was the 2014 Gordano Robotics team showcasing their champion robot which was programmed especially to end the show.
You may also want to watch:
A short award ceremony to recognise outstanding contributions concluded the event which included refreshments supplied by the school’s catering students.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 5 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 6 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 7 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 10 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5