- Credit: supplied
THE innovative and creative talents of teenagers were demonstrated in a show organised by Portishead school students.
Supernova was the name given to this year’s design and technology show at Gordano School.
The event opened with an exhibition of work created by key stage four and five students based on their studies of product design, textiles and resistant materials.
A colourful fashion show followed, highlighting some of the stunning work produced by textiles students from years nine to 13. Pupils had taken their inspiration from designs and fashion from around the world including China, Morocco and India.
Closing the show was the 2014 Gordano Robotics team showcasing their champion robot which was programmed especially to end the show.
You may also want to watch:
A short award ceremony to recognise outstanding contributions concluded the event which included refreshments supplied by the school’s catering students.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 4 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 5 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 6 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 7 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Clevedon to celebrate National Poetry Day
- 10 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village