- Credit: supplied
THE innovative and creative talents of teenagers were demonstrated in a show organised by Portishead school students.
Supernova was the name given to this year’s design and technology show at Gordano School.
The event opened with an exhibition of work created by key stage four and five students based on their studies of product design, textiles and resistant materials.
A colourful fashion show followed, highlighting some of the stunning work produced by textiles students from years nine to 13. Pupils had taken their inspiration from designs and fashion from around the world including China, Morocco and India.
Closing the show was the 2014 Gordano Robotics team showcasing their champion robot which was programmed especially to end the show.
You may also want to watch:
A short award ceremony to recognise outstanding contributions concluded the event which included refreshments supplied by the school’s catering students.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 4 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 7 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022