Summer fair raises thousands for play equipment
- Credit: Archant
A summer fair has helped a school to raise more than £3,200 for new playground equipment.
The Whiteoak Way Schools Association (WOWSA), which raises money for Hannah More Infants and Grove Juniors in Nailsea put on a fun-packed event with games, treats and demonstrations.
Police community support officers took along one of their police dogs for the children to meet and Hugo Williams and Matt Benbridge from @theGym gave children the chance to try out exercise equipment.
Volunteers ran stalls including a tombola, splat the rat and a lucky wheel giving guests the chance to win a variety of prizes.
Children on Saturday tucked into candyfloss and cakes and enjoyed spending their pocket money on sweets and games.
You may also want to watch:
Shelley Forbes, from WOWSA, said: "We raised an astonishing £3,200. We are raising funds to pay for playground equipment."
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 9 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 10 Charity launches cream tea fundraiser