Summer fair raises thousands for play equipment
- Credit: Archant
A summer fair has helped a school to raise more than £3,200 for new playground equipment.
The Whiteoak Way Schools Association (WOWSA), which raises money for Hannah More Infants and Grove Juniors in Nailsea put on a fun-packed event with games, treats and demonstrations.
Police community support officers took along one of their police dogs for the children to meet and Hugo Williams and Matt Benbridge from @theGym gave children the chance to try out exercise equipment.
Volunteers ran stalls including a tombola, splat the rat and a lucky wheel giving guests the chance to win a variety of prizes.
Children on Saturday tucked into candyfloss and cakes and enjoyed spending their pocket money on sweets and games.
You may also want to watch:
Shelley Forbes, from WOWSA, said: "We raised an astonishing £3,200. We are raising funds to pay for playground equipment."
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 5 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 6 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp