Summer fair raises £2,500 for playground
- Credit: Archant
Families helped a Nailsea school to raise £2,500 at its summer fair.
Visitors flocked to the Federation of Hannah More and Grove Junior School, in Whiteoak Way, to enjoy some family games, competitions, dance displays and burgers.
Children had their faces painted, sat in fire engines, played games including hook a duck and hoopla and enjoyed some belly dancing displays from the Shimmy Sisters.
Visitors also tucked into barbecued food and ice creams and picked up some bargains on the wine and plant stalls.
The event, which was sponsored by West Coast Properties and attended by Premier Sports, was organised by the Whiteoak Way Schools’ Association to raise money for school funds.
You may also want to watch:
The record sum will go towards improvements to the school playgrounds.
A school spokesman said: “The school fair was a massive success. We raised around £2,500 which is a record, and will go towards improvements to the school playgrounds.”
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 3 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 4 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 7 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 8 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 10 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun