Summer fair raises £2,500 for playground
- Credit: Archant
Families helped a Nailsea school to raise £2,500 at its summer fair.
Visitors flocked to the Federation of Hannah More and Grove Junior School, in Whiteoak Way, to enjoy some family games, competitions, dance displays and burgers.
Children had their faces painted, sat in fire engines, played games including hook a duck and hoopla and enjoyed some belly dancing displays from the Shimmy Sisters.
Visitors also tucked into barbecued food and ice creams and picked up some bargains on the wine and plant stalls.
The event, which was sponsored by West Coast Properties and attended by Premier Sports, was organised by the Whiteoak Way Schools’ Association to raise money for school funds.
You may also want to watch:
The record sum will go towards improvements to the school playgrounds.
A school spokesman said: “The school fair was a massive success. We raised around £2,500 which is a record, and will go towards improvements to the school playgrounds.”
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 4 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 5 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 6 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 7 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 10 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party