Summer fair raises £2,500 for playground
- Credit: Archant
Families helped a Nailsea school to raise £2,500 at its summer fair.
Visitors flocked to the Federation of Hannah More and Grove Junior School, in Whiteoak Way, to enjoy some family games, competitions, dance displays and burgers.
Children had their faces painted, sat in fire engines, played games including hook a duck and hoopla and enjoyed some belly dancing displays from the Shimmy Sisters.
Visitors also tucked into barbecued food and ice creams and picked up some bargains on the wine and plant stalls.
The event, which was sponsored by West Coast Properties and attended by Premier Sports, was organised by the Whiteoak Way Schools’ Association to raise money for school funds.
You may also want to watch:
The record sum will go towards improvements to the school playgrounds.
A school spokesman said: “The school fair was a massive success. We raised around £2,500 which is a record, and will go towards improvements to the school playgrounds.”
- 1 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 2 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 8 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder