Study group launches new courses
- Credit: Archant
CINEMA history will be explored during two new courses set to be put on in Clevedon.
After completing a successful first year, Clevedon Adult Studies Association (CASA) has revealed the topics which will be covered in its next round of sessions.
The first offering, to begin on September 2 and to run on Monday afternoons, will be about the rise and fall of Hollywood.
Maggie Choyce will guide participants through the years from 1916-1960 covering the stars, directors, producers and writers from the period.
Also in September, on Wednesday afternoons, CASA will present a rerun of A History of British Cinema from Silent Screen to 1990. Part one will cover up until 1945. Both courses will take place at the Curzon cinema in Old Church Road.
You may also want to watch:
In October, sessions on literature, embroidery and music will be held.
For more details and to book a place on any of the courses call Pat on 01275 875349, email email@example.com visit www.case-wea.yolasite.com
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 9 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 10 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea