Study group launches new courses
- Credit: Archant
CINEMA history will be explored during two new courses set to be put on in Clevedon.
After completing a successful first year, Clevedon Adult Studies Association (CASA) has revealed the topics which will be covered in its next round of sessions.
The first offering, to begin on September 2 and to run on Monday afternoons, will be about the rise and fall of Hollywood.
Maggie Choyce will guide participants through the years from 1916-1960 covering the stars, directors, producers and writers from the period.
Also in September, on Wednesday afternoons, CASA will present a rerun of A History of British Cinema from Silent Screen to 1990. Part one will cover up until 1945. Both courses will take place at the Curzon cinema in Old Church Road.
You may also want to watch:
In October, sessions on literature, embroidery and music will be held.
For more details and to book a place on any of the courses call Pat on 01275 875349, email firstname.lastname@example.org visit www.case-wea.yolasite.com
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 9 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend