Study group launches new courses
- Credit: Archant
CINEMA history will be explored during two new courses set to be put on in Clevedon.
After completing a successful first year, Clevedon Adult Studies Association (CASA) has revealed the topics which will be covered in its next round of sessions.
The first offering, to begin on September 2 and to run on Monday afternoons, will be about the rise and fall of Hollywood.
Maggie Choyce will guide participants through the years from 1916-1960 covering the stars, directors, producers and writers from the period.
Also in September, on Wednesday afternoons, CASA will present a rerun of A History of British Cinema from Silent Screen to 1990. Part one will cover up until 1945. Both courses will take place at the Curzon cinema in Old Church Road.
You may also want to watch:
In October, sessions on literature, embroidery and music will be held.
For more details and to book a place on any of the courses call Pat on 01275 875349, email firstname.lastname@example.org visit www.case-wea.yolasite.com
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 4 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery