Study group launches new courses
- Credit: Archant
CINEMA history will be explored during two new courses set to be put on in Clevedon.
After completing a successful first year, Clevedon Adult Studies Association (CASA) has revealed the topics which will be covered in its next round of sessions.
The first offering, to begin on September 2 and to run on Monday afternoons, will be about the rise and fall of Hollywood.
Maggie Choyce will guide participants through the years from 1916-1960 covering the stars, directors, producers and writers from the period.
Also in September, on Wednesday afternoons, CASA will present a rerun of A History of British Cinema from Silent Screen to 1990. Part one will cover up until 1945. Both courses will take place at the Curzon cinema in Old Church Road.
You may also want to watch:
In October, sessions on literature, embroidery and music will be held.
For more details and to book a place on any of the courses call Pat on 01275 875349, email firstname.lastname@example.org visit www.case-wea.yolasite.com
- 1 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 2 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 3 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 4 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 5 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 6 Portishead Open Air Pool to reopen on Friday
- 7 May 17: Entertainment venues across North Somerset reopening
- 8 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 9 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected