Students to perform Oliver
Food, Glorious Food
STUDENTS from Nailsea School are preparing for their production of popular musical Oliver next month.
The cast will be bringing to wonderful Dickens’ characters to life and performing classic songs from the musical such as Food, Glorious Food and Consider Yourself.
More than sixty pupils will be taking part in the show along with a band of talented musicians who will be providing the accompaniment.
Pupils are also enjoying getting involved backstage by making costumes, props and doing the cast’s make-up.
You may also want to watch:
This is the first major production Nailsea School has put on for several years and the first to be performed in the auditorium of the new school building.
Headteacher David New said: “Having seen some of the rehearsals I am stunned by the quality of this year’s production and the talents of our students.
- 1 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 2 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 6 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 7 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 8 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 9 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 10 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
“Our new facilities provide an excellent showcase for our students and I can guarantee an outstanding evening for anyone who comes to watch.”
The part of Oliver is being played by 11-year-old Joel Rothwell, Maddy Starzak, aged 11, plays the part of Dodger and 17-year-old Abi Tallamy plays the part of Nancy.
Oliver will be showing at the school in Mizzymead Road from December 8-10 at 7pm. Tickets are available from the school reception. To find out more call the school on 01275 852251.