Students to perform Oliver
Food, Glorious Food
STUDENTS from Nailsea School are preparing for their production of popular musical Oliver next month.
The cast will be bringing to wonderful Dickens’ characters to life and performing classic songs from the musical such as Food, Glorious Food and Consider Yourself.
More than sixty pupils will be taking part in the show along with a band of talented musicians who will be providing the accompaniment.
Pupils are also enjoying getting involved backstage by making costumes, props and doing the cast’s make-up.
This is the first major production Nailsea School has put on for several years and the first to be performed in the auditorium of the new school building.
Headteacher David New said: “Having seen some of the rehearsals I am stunned by the quality of this year’s production and the talents of our students.
- 1 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 2 'Unavoidable' delays push back pier-to-pier cycle way between Weston and Clevedon
- 3 Covid cases rise: 1-in-30 estimated to be positive
- 4 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
- 5 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
- 8 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 9 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 10 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
“Our new facilities provide an excellent showcase for our students and I can guarantee an outstanding evening for anyone who comes to watch.”
The part of Oliver is being played by 11-year-old Joel Rothwell, Maddy Starzak, aged 11, plays the part of Dodger and 17-year-old Abi Tallamy plays the part of Nancy.
Oliver will be showing at the school in Mizzymead Road from December 8-10 at 7pm. Tickets are available from the school reception. To find out more call the school on 01275 852251.