Students to perform Oliver
Food, Glorious Food
STUDENTS from Nailsea School are preparing for their production of popular musical Oliver next month.
The cast will be bringing to wonderful Dickens’ characters to life and performing classic songs from the musical such as Food, Glorious Food and Consider Yourself.
More than sixty pupils will be taking part in the show along with a band of talented musicians who will be providing the accompaniment.
Pupils are also enjoying getting involved backstage by making costumes, props and doing the cast’s make-up.
This is the first major production Nailsea School has put on for several years and the first to be performed in the auditorium of the new school building.
Headteacher David New said: “Having seen some of the rehearsals I am stunned by the quality of this year’s production and the talents of our students.
- 1 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 2 Appeal launched to save town's Christmas light displays
- 3 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 4 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 5 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 6 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 7 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 8 New Clevedon charity is helping to create the scientists of the future
- 9 Clevedon Lions Dream Scheme has opened to help good causes
- 10 Geocaching added to Nailsea Heritage Trail
“Our new facilities provide an excellent showcase for our students and I can guarantee an outstanding evening for anyone who comes to watch.”
The part of Oliver is being played by 11-year-old Joel Rothwell, Maddy Starzak, aged 11, plays the part of Dodger and 17-year-old Abi Tallamy plays the part of Nancy.
Oliver will be showing at the school in Mizzymead Road from December 8-10 at 7pm. Tickets are available from the school reception. To find out more call the school on 01275 852251.