Students to perform Oliver
Food, Glorious Food
STUDENTS from Nailsea School are preparing for their production of popular musical Oliver next month.
The cast will be bringing to wonderful Dickens’ characters to life and performing classic songs from the musical such as Food, Glorious Food and Consider Yourself.
More than sixty pupils will be taking part in the show along with a band of talented musicians who will be providing the accompaniment.
Pupils are also enjoying getting involved backstage by making costumes, props and doing the cast’s make-up.
You may also want to watch:
This is the first major production Nailsea School has put on for several years and the first to be performed in the auditorium of the new school building.
Headteacher David New said: “Having seen some of the rehearsals I am stunned by the quality of this year’s production and the talents of our students.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 5 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 8 Further delays for rail project
- 9 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 10 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
“Our new facilities provide an excellent showcase for our students and I can guarantee an outstanding evening for anyone who comes to watch.”
The part of Oliver is being played by 11-year-old Joel Rothwell, Maddy Starzak, aged 11, plays the part of Dodger and 17-year-old Abi Tallamy plays the part of Nancy.
Oliver will be showing at the school in Mizzymead Road from December 8-10 at 7pm. Tickets are available from the school reception. To find out more call the school on 01275 852251.