Students’ tears before bed
- Credit: supplied
SPINE-TINGLING stories written by Portishead school pupils have been compiled into a new book.
Tears Before Bedtime has been produced by sixth form students at Gordano School, with the help of school assistant librarian and author Diana Toft.
The idea for an anthology of spooky stories started 18 months ago, when 10 students joined a creative writing elective.
The original idea was to work on a collection of fairy stories with a macabre twist.
The ongoing project has really inspired all the students involved and it was decided that a published version of the stories would be created and issued to all those involved in the class.
You may also want to watch:
The project has been led by Diana Toft (pictured), local fiction writer and author of the Wolven Trilogy.
She said: “I’ve really enjoyed helping this group of students to develop their creative writing skills.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 4 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery
“It’s been really fascinating to see how their work has grown and I’m so pleased to have guided them through to a finished printed copy of their work.”