Students’ tears before bed
- Credit: supplied
SPINE-TINGLING stories written by Portishead school pupils have been compiled into a new book.
Tears Before Bedtime has been produced by sixth form students at Gordano School, with the help of school assistant librarian and author Diana Toft.
The idea for an anthology of spooky stories started 18 months ago, when 10 students joined a creative writing elective.
The original idea was to work on a collection of fairy stories with a macabre twist.
The ongoing project has really inspired all the students involved and it was decided that a published version of the stories would be created and issued to all those involved in the class.
The project has been led by Diana Toft (pictured), local fiction writer and author of the Wolven Trilogy.
She said: “I’ve really enjoyed helping this group of students to develop their creative writing skills.
- 1 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 4 Appeal launched to save town's Christmas light displays
- 5 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 6 Geocaching added to Nailsea Heritage Trail
- 7 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
- 8 New Clevedon charity is helping to create the scientists of the future
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Olivier Award-winning play screening in Clevedon
- 10 Legal challenge over plans to dump dredging waste off Portishead
“It’s been really fascinating to see how their work has grown and I’m so pleased to have guided them through to a finished printed copy of their work.”