Students’ tears before bed
- Credit: supplied
SPINE-TINGLING stories written by Portishead school pupils have been compiled into a new book.
Tears Before Bedtime has been produced by sixth form students at Gordano School, with the help of school assistant librarian and author Diana Toft.
The idea for an anthology of spooky stories started 18 months ago, when 10 students joined a creative writing elective.
The original idea was to work on a collection of fairy stories with a macabre twist.
The ongoing project has really inspired all the students involved and it was decided that a published version of the stories would be created and issued to all those involved in the class.
You may also want to watch:
The project has been led by Diana Toft (pictured), local fiction writer and author of the Wolven Trilogy.
She said: “I’ve really enjoyed helping this group of students to develop their creative writing skills.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 5 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 8 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
“It’s been really fascinating to see how their work has grown and I’m so pleased to have guided them through to a finished printed copy of their work.”