Students’ tears before bed
- Credit: supplied
SPINE-TINGLING stories written by Portishead school pupils have been compiled into a new book.
Tears Before Bedtime has been produced by sixth form students at Gordano School, with the help of school assistant librarian and author Diana Toft.
The idea for an anthology of spooky stories started 18 months ago, when 10 students joined a creative writing elective.
The original idea was to work on a collection of fairy stories with a macabre twist.
The ongoing project has really inspired all the students involved and it was decided that a published version of the stories would be created and issued to all those involved in the class.
You may also want to watch:
The project has been led by Diana Toft (pictured), local fiction writer and author of the Wolven Trilogy.
She said: “I’ve really enjoyed helping this group of students to develop their creative writing skills.
- 1 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 6 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 7 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon return to top of WEPL table with win over Lansdown
- 10 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
“It’s been really fascinating to see how their work has grown and I’m so pleased to have guided them through to a finished printed copy of their work.”