Students quiz Defence Secretary
THE Government’s Defence Secretary Dr Liam Fox answered questions on some important issues during a visit to Clevedon School.
The North Somerset MP visited the Valley Road school on Friday when he took part in a question and answer session with the school’s student council, staff and governors.
Topics covered included the September 11 attacks on America, the war in Afghanistan, tackling terrorism, the recent UK riots, tuition fees and politics.
Brad Harris , aged 15, said: “ I feel like I’ve learnt loads about what it must be like to be such a senior politician. It was really interesting.”
Frances Lennon, also 15, said: “ I was really impressed by the way Dr Fox answered all our questions. He didn’t avoid any of the sensitive issues and his answers were really clear.”
You may also want to watch:
During his visit, Dr Fox commended the improvements made at the school over the past six years and also praised the students.
Headtacher John Wells said: “It was lovely that Dr Fox agreed to talk with the students and listen to their views as well as answer their questions. It was a great pleasure to be able to share with him our successes and achievements over recent years.”
- 1 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 2 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 6 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 7 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 8 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Pupils beat parents in school fun run