Students quiz Defence Secretary
THE Government’s Defence Secretary Dr Liam Fox answered questions on some important issues during a visit to Clevedon School.
The North Somerset MP visited the Valley Road school on Friday when he took part in a question and answer session with the school’s student council, staff and governors.
Topics covered included the September 11 attacks on America, the war in Afghanistan, tackling terrorism, the recent UK riots, tuition fees and politics.
Brad Harris , aged 15, said: “ I feel like I’ve learnt loads about what it must be like to be such a senior politician. It was really interesting.”
Frances Lennon, also 15, said: “ I was really impressed by the way Dr Fox answered all our questions. He didn’t avoid any of the sensitive issues and his answers were really clear.”
You may also want to watch:
During his visit, Dr Fox commended the improvements made at the school over the past six years and also praised the students.
Headtacher John Wells said: “It was lovely that Dr Fox agreed to talk with the students and listen to their views as well as answer their questions. It was a great pleasure to be able to share with him our successes and achievements over recent years.”
- 1 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 2 Key workers awarded for their dedication during pandemic
- 3 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 4 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Call for new system to help people with addictions and mental health issues
- 8 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 9 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 10 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset