Students enjoy wheelchair sports
- Credit: Archant
SPORTING students enjoyed a PE lesson with a difference when the South West Scorpions visited their school.
The wheelchair basketball team ran a session at the school, which was organised through Backwell charity Motivation.
Students were taught the basics of the sport by assistant coach Ally Webb, before being allocated wheelchairs and competing in short games.
The sessions were very popular, with many students keen to take the sport further.
PE teacher Dominic Graffagnino said: “The day has really helped Nailsea students understand and experience the difficulties that others go through on a day to day basis, as well as in a sporting context.
You may also want to watch:
“Even in the face of adversity sport is still a vehicle of fun and social activity.”
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 5 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 6 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week