Students enjoy wheelchair sports
- Credit: Archant
SPORTING students enjoyed a PE lesson with a difference when the South West Scorpions visited their school.
The wheelchair basketball team ran a session at the school, which was organised through Backwell charity Motivation.
Students were taught the basics of the sport by assistant coach Ally Webb, before being allocated wheelchairs and competing in short games.
The sessions were very popular, with many students keen to take the sport further.
PE teacher Dominic Graffagnino said: “The day has really helped Nailsea students understand and experience the difficulties that others go through on a day to day basis, as well as in a sporting context.
You may also want to watch:
“Even in the face of adversity sport is still a vehicle of fun and social activity.”
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon