Students enjoy wheelchair sports
- Credit: Archant
SPORTING students enjoyed a PE lesson with a difference when the South West Scorpions visited their school.
The wheelchair basketball team ran a session at the school, which was organised through Backwell charity Motivation.
Students were taught the basics of the sport by assistant coach Ally Webb, before being allocated wheelchairs and competing in short games.
The sessions were very popular, with many students keen to take the sport further.
PE teacher Dominic Graffagnino said: “The day has really helped Nailsea students understand and experience the difficulties that others go through on a day to day basis, as well as in a sporting context.
You may also want to watch:
“Even in the face of adversity sport is still a vehicle of fun and social activity.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 6 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 7 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 8 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 9 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 10 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool