Students enjoy wheelchair sports
- Credit: Archant
SPORTING students enjoyed a PE lesson with a difference when the South West Scorpions visited their school.
The wheelchair basketball team ran a session at the school, which was organised through Backwell charity Motivation.
Students were taught the basics of the sport by assistant coach Ally Webb, before being allocated wheelchairs and competing in short games.
The sessions were very popular, with many students keen to take the sport further.
PE teacher Dominic Graffagnino said: “The day has really helped Nailsea students understand and experience the difficulties that others go through on a day to day basis, as well as in a sporting context.
You may also want to watch:
“Even in the face of adversity sport is still a vehicle of fun and social activity.”
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 4 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 5 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers