Staff production for students
- Credit: Archant
Teachers in Backwell dressed as munchkins, flying monkeys and pirates, to put on The Wizard of Neverland for pupils.
The play was written by staff members Toby Rome and Fiona Lockhart and directed by assistant head, Chris James.
The production featured some fairytale favourites as they have never been seen before. Peter Pan found himself stranded on the yellow brick road, but after meeting Dorothy and her companions they set out on an exciting adventure.
Students, parents and friends of the school were invited in to see the 40-strong cast fight battles and sing songs in the colourful play.
Staff put on productions for the school every year had have performed A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Cinderella and Little Shop of Horrors.
You may also want to watch:
Half of the proceeds will go to the Barthimee Hospital in Senegal as year 12 pupil Angharad Flower volunteered there last year and wanted to replace the broken x-ray machine. She has raised £7,000 towards her £13,500 target. The rest will go to Macmillan Cancer Support.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer