St Nick’s win Clevedon competition
- Credit: Mike Thie
St Nicholas Chantry Primary School ran out winners in the year five and six Clevedon cluster boys’ football tournament.
Mary Elton, Yeo Moor, All Saints and St John’s Primary Schools also took part in the competition which saw St Nick’s beat St John’s 1-0 in the final, after both won all of their previous games.
Yeo Moor and Mary Elton contested the third and fourth place playoff with Yeo Moor eventually claiming third spot after a tense penalty shootout.
Maja Buchan, physical education assistant co-ordinator, said: “Well done to all the teams who took part and thank you to our primary schools for their excellent organisation and support throughout the event. There was a fantastic atmosphere and the boys’ effort and enthusiasm was commendable.
“Thank you to my excellent sixth form referees, Jake Horton and Sean Pegler, and to all my sports leaders who led fantastic football workshops.”
You may also want to watch:
*Photo supplied by Mike Thie.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend