St Nick’s win Clevedon competition
- Credit: Mike Thie
St Nicholas Chantry Primary School ran out winners in the year five and six Clevedon cluster boys’ football tournament.
Mary Elton, Yeo Moor, All Saints and St John’s Primary Schools also took part in the competition which saw St Nick’s beat St John’s 1-0 in the final, after both won all of their previous games.
Yeo Moor and Mary Elton contested the third and fourth place playoff with Yeo Moor eventually claiming third spot after a tense penalty shootout.
Maja Buchan, physical education assistant co-ordinator, said: “Well done to all the teams who took part and thank you to our primary schools for their excellent organisation and support throughout the event. There was a fantastic atmosphere and the boys’ effort and enthusiasm was commendable.
“Thank you to my excellent sixth form referees, Jake Horton and Sean Pegler, and to all my sports leaders who led fantastic football workshops.”
*Photo supplied by Mike Thie.
- 1 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 2 North Somerset schools receive £1,000 memorial donation
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 'Red herrings' need to be ignored for Portishead Railway scheme
- 5 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES
- 6 Clevedon School Christmas tree sale raises money for foodbank
- 7 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 8 PICTURES: Eat Nailsea festive food festival
- 9 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 10 Nailsea Lions Christmas float route revealed