St Nick’s win Clevedon competition
- Credit: Mike Thie
St Nicholas Chantry Primary School ran out winners in the year five and six Clevedon cluster boys’ football tournament.
Mary Elton, Yeo Moor, All Saints and St John’s Primary Schools also took part in the competition which saw St Nick’s beat St John’s 1-0 in the final, after both won all of their previous games.
Yeo Moor and Mary Elton contested the third and fourth place playoff with Yeo Moor eventually claiming third spot after a tense penalty shootout.
Maja Buchan, physical education assistant co-ordinator, said: “Well done to all the teams who took part and thank you to our primary schools for their excellent organisation and support throughout the event. There was a fantastic atmosphere and the boys’ effort and enthusiasm was commendable.
“Thank you to my excellent sixth form referees, Jake Horton and Sean Pegler, and to all my sports leaders who led fantastic football workshops.”
You may also want to watch:
*Photo supplied by Mike Thie.
- 1 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 2 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
- 8 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 9 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads