St Nick’s win Clevedon competition
- Credit: Mike Thie
St Nicholas Chantry Primary School ran out winners in the year five and six Clevedon cluster boys’ football tournament.
Mary Elton, Yeo Moor, All Saints and St John’s Primary Schools also took part in the competition which saw St Nick’s beat St John’s 1-0 in the final, after both won all of their previous games.
Yeo Moor and Mary Elton contested the third and fourth place playoff with Yeo Moor eventually claiming third spot after a tense penalty shootout.
Maja Buchan, physical education assistant co-ordinator, said: “Well done to all the teams who took part and thank you to our primary schools for their excellent organisation and support throughout the event. There was a fantastic atmosphere and the boys’ effort and enthusiasm was commendable.
“Thank you to my excellent sixth form referees, Jake Horton and Sean Pegler, and to all my sports leaders who led fantastic football workshops.”
You may also want to watch:
*Photo supplied by Mike Thie.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 3 Portishead garden protected from development
- 4 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 5 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 6 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 7 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Murray named player of month at Clevedon
- 10 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine