St Katherine’s School headteacher ‘proud’ of good Ofsted inspection
- Credit: Supplied
A Pill headteacher is ‘delighted’ with his school’s latest Ofsted report, with inspectors reporting of ‘outstanding’ teaching in the classrooms.
St Katherine’s School was told this week it has been rated ‘good’ following an inspection in late-September, with its leadership and management praised.
The rating comes as a positive step after St Katherine’s was told to make improvements after its previous inspection two years ago.
Headteacher Christopher Sammons praised the ‘tireless’ staff and says he is ‘proud’ of the inspection’s outcome.
He said: “I am delighted that Ofsted inspectors have judged our school to have good academic outcomes and outstanding pastoral care.
“In particular, we are proud of the way in which inspectors judged our extra-curricular provision and students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development as outstanding.
“Our team of staff work tirelessly on behalf of their learners and families, and I feel proud that they have received this endorsement for their work.”
- 1 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 2 Residents fear new homes between Nailsea and Backwell could 'open the floodgates'
- 3 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 4 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 7 Contemporary four-bedroom home packed with latest tech
- 8 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 9 'Accidental' house fire sees fire crews called out
- 10 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
Two of the most positive aspects highlighted in the report were the ‘extremely strong’ leadership and ‘outstanding’ teaching in some subjects.
It states: “The leadership is outstanding.
“It has rapidly improved all aspects of the school’s work since the previous inspection.
“Students enjoy coming to school and are very positive in wanting to learn. Students behave well and feel very safe in school.”