St Katherine’s School confirms new headteacher
- Credit: Archant
A new headteacher has been appointed to lead St Katherine’s School.
Justin Humphreys has been appointed Head of School after six years working at the school in Ham Green.
He said he was delighted by the promotion.
Mr Humphreys joined as the assistant headteacher and has also spent two years in the deputy lead role too and more recently has been acting headteacher.
He has held that position since the departure of his predecessor Chris Sammons who left ahead of moving to Hong Kong in the summer.
Mr Humphreys said: “I am absolutely delighted to have been appointed to lead St Katherine’s School.
“It is a fantastic school and strong community for which I have developed huge affection during my six years here.”
- 1 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 2 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 3 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 4 Cadbury House to host open air cinema for the summer
- 5 Double disappointment for Cleeve CC
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 New store sign among latest planning applications
- 8 Volunteers needed to welcome Ukrainian refugees
- 9 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
- 10 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
The school was rated good by Ofsted in 2015 and Mr Humphreys is keen to increase the school’s success in the future.
He said: “It is a very good school but we can be better still.
“I look forward to continuing our work to achieve great success for each individual within our community.
“Team St Katherine’s has only just been born.”
St Katherine’s is now part of the Inspirational Futures Trust (IFT), which is a multi-academy organisation sponsored by Weston College.
The IFT’s chief executive Chris Wade, who used to be headteacher of Nailsea School, said St Katherine’s would be in safe hands under Mr Humphreys’ stewardship.
Mr Wade added: “Mr Humphreys has a proven track record of school improvement but most importantly he always puts the students first in every decision he makes.
“He is also supported by a fantastic leadership team and talented group of staff.
“I am certain that St Katherine’s will continue to build on its strong reputation as a great school and will carry on delivering outstanding results for all of its students under his leadership.”