St Katherine’s School confirms new headteacher
- Credit: Archant
A new headteacher has been appointed to lead St Katherine’s School.
Justin Humphreys has been appointed Head of School after six years working at the school in Ham Green.
He said he was delighted by the promotion.
Mr Humphreys joined as the assistant headteacher and has also spent two years in the deputy lead role too and more recently has been acting headteacher.
He has held that position since the departure of his predecessor Chris Sammons who left ahead of moving to Hong Kong in the summer.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Humphreys said: “I am absolutely delighted to have been appointed to lead St Katherine’s School.
“It is a fantastic school and strong community for which I have developed huge affection during my six years here.”
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 4 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 5 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers
The school was rated good by Ofsted in 2015 and Mr Humphreys is keen to increase the school’s success in the future.
He said: “It is a very good school but we can be better still.
“I look forward to continuing our work to achieve great success for each individual within our community.
“Team St Katherine’s has only just been born.”
St Katherine’s is now part of the Inspirational Futures Trust (IFT), which is a multi-academy organisation sponsored by Weston College.
The IFT’s chief executive Chris Wade, who used to be headteacher of Nailsea School, said St Katherine’s would be in safe hands under Mr Humphreys’ stewardship.
Mr Wade added: “Mr Humphreys has a proven track record of school improvement but most importantly he always puts the students first in every decision he makes.
“He is also supported by a fantastic leadership team and talented group of staff.
“I am certain that St Katherine’s will continue to build on its strong reputation as a great school and will carry on delivering outstanding results for all of its students under his leadership.”