St Katherine’s School students achieve excellent A-level results
- Credit: Archant
St Katherine’s School has seen A-levels results improve across the board this year.
Excited students gathered in the canteen this morning (Thursday) to find out how they did in their exams and discover if they had earned a place at first-choice universities or apprenticeship courses.
The school has achieved large increases in pass rates this year with the number of students achieving A*-A rising from 19 per cent in 2017 to 28 per cent this year.
The number of students securing A*-C grades is 91 per cent – up from 78 per cent in 2017 – while the overall pass rate stands at 100 per cent.
One of the highest achievers was Remi Khalif who earned three A*’s in maths, further maths and physics. He is heading to study engineering at the University of Leeds.
You may also want to watch:
Remi said: “I was not expecting that – it has been a great journey.
“I can’t thank the teachers enough for their support.”
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 3 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 4 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 5 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 6 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 7 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 8 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 9 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 10 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset