St Katherine’s School students achieve excellent A-level results
- Credit: Archant
St Katherine’s School has seen A-levels results improve across the board this year.
Excited students gathered in the canteen this morning (Thursday) to find out how they did in their exams and discover if they had earned a place at first-choice universities or apprenticeship courses.
The school has achieved large increases in pass rates this year with the number of students achieving A*-A rising from 19 per cent in 2017 to 28 per cent this year.
The number of students securing A*-C grades is 91 per cent – up from 78 per cent in 2017 – while the overall pass rate stands at 100 per cent.
One of the highest achievers was Remi Khalif who earned three A*’s in maths, further maths and physics. He is heading to study engineering at the University of Leeds.
You may also want to watch:
Remi said: “I was not expecting that – it has been a great journey.
“I can’t thank the teachers enough for their support.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 3 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 4 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 5 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 6 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 7 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 8 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 9 Camera club wants new members to join
- 10 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up