Support our campaign to give pupils access to more books in schools
The North Somerset is launching its Books for Schools campaign to give primary-aged pupils access to more books in schools.
We are appealing for charities, businesses and families to donate books or gift vouchers to us so we can dish them out to local infant, junior and primary schools.
Any schools keen to win a selection of books for their libraries, can write to us or email us to let us know about any schemes they have in school to help children develop a love of reading.
Once a month, we will pick one winner from the Mercury and Times area and hand over a selection of books or vouchers so the school can pick their own.
To be in with a chance of winning the first batch of books, write in to Books for Schools, North Somerset Times, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1LW, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
People can also donate books by dropping them into our office in Waterloo Street.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 4 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 5 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 6 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 7 Portishead garden protected from development
- 8 Region's youth offending service praised by inspectors
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season