Support our campaign to give pupils access to more books in schools
The North Somerset is launching its Books for Schools campaign to give primary-aged pupils access to more books in schools.
We are appealing for charities, businesses and families to donate books or gift vouchers to us so we can dish them out to local infant, junior and primary schools.
Any schools keen to win a selection of books for their libraries, can write to us or email us to let us know about any schemes they have in school to help children develop a love of reading.
Once a month, we will pick one winner from the Mercury and Times area and hand over a selection of books or vouchers so the school can pick their own.
To be in with a chance of winning the first batch of books, write in to Books for Schools, North Somerset Times, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1LW, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
People can also donate books by dropping them into our office in Waterloo Street.
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 7 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 10 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance