Sports’ Week ends with skip-a-thon
- Credit: Archant
Archery, fencing and croquet were on the timetable for pupils at Golden Valley Primary School.
Children from the Nailsea school also enjoyed sessions in yoga, dance and football skills to celebrate Sports Week.
The school put on a multi-skills festival and several sports days to enable children to compete against their class mates.
Paul Maines from Gordano Valley Archers was invited to teach pupils the popular sport while fencing instructor John Mason showed children how to duel.
On Friday, the pupils took part in a skip-a-thon to raise money for the British Heart Foundation and to raise awareness of the importance of regular exercise.
You may also want to watch:
The school wanted to thank all the coaches who helped to make Sports’ Week a huge success.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend