Sports’ Week ends with skip-a-thon
- Credit: Archant
Archery, fencing and croquet were on the timetable for pupils at Golden Valley Primary School.
Children from the Nailsea school also enjoyed sessions in yoga, dance and football skills to celebrate Sports Week.
The school put on a multi-skills festival and several sports days to enable children to compete against their class mates.
Paul Maines from Gordano Valley Archers was invited to teach pupils the popular sport while fencing instructor John Mason showed children how to duel.
On Friday, the pupils took part in a skip-a-thon to raise money for the British Heart Foundation and to raise awareness of the importance of regular exercise.
You may also want to watch:
The school wanted to thank all the coaches who helped to make Sports’ Week a huge success.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 9 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments