Staff take on 10km charity walk for school sports hall
- Credit: Ravenswood School
Staff from Ravenswood School are taking part in the Nailsea Charity Walks event to raise money for a sports hall.
The school for children with special educational needs and disabilities is raising £2million to build a new sports hall to enable more pupils to take part in sports.
The current sports hall is no longer fit for purpose due to the increasing number of pupils, and the school community has been taking part in fundraising events to try to hit their target.
Members of staff have signed up to the 10km route of the sponsored walk on June 13 to raise money for the cause.
Sara Watson, from Ravenswood School, said: “We want our pupils to thrive here at school and have more opportunities to develop their skills and love of sport and exercise.
"A new sports facility could be an opportunity for our pupils to learn about the leisure industry and to run the sports hall for our local community groups as part of their developing their employability skills.”
To sponsor the team, log on to www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/ravenswoodschoolcharitywalk
- 1 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 6 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 7 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 8 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 9 Yatton RFC make history with first ever under-nine game
- 10 Protest to take place against 'dangerous' policing bill