Selfless schoolchildren raise £600 with store bag pack
- Credit: Archant
Primary schoolchildren from Portishead raised hundreds of pounds through a selfless good deed.
The youngsters from Portishead Primary School gave up four hours of their Saturday free time to help shoppers at Sainsbury’s, in Serbert Road.
The children packed bags to help people as they paid for their goods.
They managed to raise £600 in total.
A Sainsbury’s spokesman praised the children for their work.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “They were polite and well behaved and were great representatives for their school.”
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 7 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 8 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 9 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads