Selfless schoolchildren raise £600 with store bag pack
- Credit: Archant
Primary schoolchildren from Portishead raised hundreds of pounds through a selfless good deed.
The youngsters from Portishead Primary School gave up four hours of their Saturday free time to help shoppers at Sainsbury’s, in Serbert Road.
The children packed bags to help people as they paid for their goods.
They managed to raise £600 in total.
A Sainsbury’s spokesman praised the children for their work.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “They were polite and well behaved and were great representatives for their school.”
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 6 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 7 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 8 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 9 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments