Schools’ sporting links
RUGBY and netball coaching were the focus of a 10-day visit by 30 German students to Clevedon School.
The pupils from Wilhelm-Lorenz and Anne-Frank Realschulen, which are in Clevedon’s twin town of Ettlingen, visited as part of an EU-funded project intended to promote cooperation between schools.
The German boys enjoyed learning how to make tackles in rugby, despite finding out how cold it can get on an English rugby pitch.
On the netball court ,the girls were excited to learn a new sport and their teacher is now keen to develop the sport at their school.
Among the days out the pupils enjoyed during their trip, they watched a Bristol Rugby match and also visited Exeter, Lyme Regis and Cardiff.
You may also want to watch:
Following a similar visit to Germany in March, Clevedon School students are now lloking to extend their coaching skills within the school and community by offering handball and volleyball sessions.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens