Schools’ sporting links
RUGBY and netball coaching were the focus of a 10-day visit by 30 German students to Clevedon School.
The pupils from Wilhelm-Lorenz and Anne-Frank Realschulen, which are in Clevedon’s twin town of Ettlingen, visited as part of an EU-funded project intended to promote cooperation between schools.
The German boys enjoyed learning how to make tackles in rugby, despite finding out how cold it can get on an English rugby pitch.
On the netball court ,the girls were excited to learn a new sport and their teacher is now keen to develop the sport at their school.
Among the days out the pupils enjoyed during their trip, they watched a Bristol Rugby match and also visited Exeter, Lyme Regis and Cardiff.
You may also want to watch:
Following a similar visit to Germany in March, Clevedon School students are now lloking to extend their coaching skills within the school and community by offering handball and volleyball sessions.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 4 First year success for racing superstar Trevorrow
- 5 Clevedon carer raises more than £1,600 with charity head shave
- 6 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 7 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 10 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset