School wins free insulation
BACKWELL School looks set to save �400 in heating bills over the next three years after winning free insulation from British Gas.
The Station Road school entered a prize draw in the energy company’s Generation Green schools programme, which provides teachers with free resources on sustainability.
Schools win prizes, such as solar panels, for every resource they upload or download from the programme’s website.
Teacher Claire Turner said: “We’re delighted that the insulation will help us to cut our energy bills and reduce our carbon footprint.
“Backwell School is already committed to helping the environment.
“Some years ago we won a competition to have solar panels installed on the roof of our oldest building free of charge.
“Our latest energy saving investment has been to buy specially designed insulation jackets for all our heating valves, so that not only is the pipework lagged but all the joints are well insulated too.”
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 5 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 6 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 7 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 8 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns