School wins free insulation
BACKWELL School looks set to save �400 in heating bills over the next three years after winning free insulation from British Gas.
The Station Road school entered a prize draw in the energy company’s Generation Green schools programme, which provides teachers with free resources on sustainability.
Schools win prizes, such as solar panels, for every resource they upload or download from the programme’s website.
Teacher Claire Turner said: “We’re delighted that the insulation will help us to cut our energy bills and reduce our carbon footprint.
“Backwell School is already committed to helping the environment.
You may also want to watch:
“Some years ago we won a competition to have solar panels installed on the roof of our oldest building free of charge.
“Our latest energy saving investment has been to buy specially designed insulation jackets for all our heating valves, so that not only is the pipework lagged but all the joints are well insulated too.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend