School wins free insulation
BACKWELL School looks set to save �400 in heating bills over the next three years after winning free insulation from British Gas.
The Station Road school entered a prize draw in the energy company’s Generation Green schools programme, which provides teachers with free resources on sustainability.
Schools win prizes, such as solar panels, for every resource they upload or download from the programme’s website.
Teacher Claire Turner said: “We’re delighted that the insulation will help us to cut our energy bills and reduce our carbon footprint.
“Backwell School is already committed to helping the environment.
You may also want to watch:
“Some years ago we won a competition to have solar panels installed on the roof of our oldest building free of charge.
“Our latest energy saving investment has been to buy specially designed insulation jackets for all our heating valves, so that not only is the pipework lagged but all the joints are well insulated too.”
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 7 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 10 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp