School wins free insulation
BACKWELL School looks set to save �400 in heating bills over the next three years after winning free insulation from British Gas.
The Station Road school entered a prize draw in the energy company’s Generation Green schools programme, which provides teachers with free resources on sustainability.
Schools win prizes, such as solar panels, for every resource they upload or download from the programme’s website.
Teacher Claire Turner said: “We’re delighted that the insulation will help us to cut our energy bills and reduce our carbon footprint.
“Backwell School is already committed to helping the environment.
You may also want to watch:
“Some years ago we won a competition to have solar panels installed on the roof of our oldest building free of charge.
“Our latest energy saving investment has been to buy specially designed insulation jackets for all our heating valves, so that not only is the pipework lagged but all the joints are well insulated too.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 4 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 5 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 6 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 7 Region's youth offending service praised by inspectors
- 8 Portishead garden protected from development
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call