School sports stars honoured
- Credit: Archant
SPORTING stars from St Katherine’s School in Pill have been honoured for their achievements over the past year.
The Ham Green school held its annual sports award ceremony on Thursday when Geoff Twentyman, former Bristol Rovers footballer and now host of Radio Bristol’s drive time show, was the guest speaker.
All award winners were nominated by staff in the school’s PE faculty.
Headteacher Chris Sammons said: “Students were awarded for their talent, endurance and commitment to school sport in an evening of reflection and celebration.
“Some of them are already participating in professional sports representing both their county and, in some cases, their country.
You may also want to watch:
“The hard work of St Katherine’s PE department, which provides such a wide variety of extra-curricular opportunities throughout the year, is worthy of such celebration.”
The winners were: Outstanding Commitment: Amber Parslow and Joe Conway. Achievement in netball: Briony Blenman. Achievement in rugby: Ben Waterman. Outstanding Leadership: Amber Parslow and Cameron Love. Achievement in hockey: Mia Rose Pither. Achievement in football: Ewan Mason. Special recognition awards: Charlotte Sissons and Ollie Robertshaw. Sportswoman of the Year: Taylor Gainey. Sportsman of the Year: Owen Ashwell
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 4 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 5 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 6 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 7 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 8 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 9 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 10 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display