School sports stars honoured
- Credit: Archant
SPORTING stars from St Katherine’s School in Pill have been honoured for their achievements over the past year.
The Ham Green school held its annual sports award ceremony on Thursday when Geoff Twentyman, former Bristol Rovers footballer and now host of Radio Bristol’s drive time show, was the guest speaker.
All award winners were nominated by staff in the school’s PE faculty.
Headteacher Chris Sammons said: “Students were awarded for their talent, endurance and commitment to school sport in an evening of reflection and celebration.
“Some of them are already participating in professional sports representing both their county and, in some cases, their country.
You may also want to watch:
“The hard work of St Katherine’s PE department, which provides such a wide variety of extra-curricular opportunities throughout the year, is worthy of such celebration.”
The winners were: Outstanding Commitment: Amber Parslow and Joe Conway. Achievement in netball: Briony Blenman. Achievement in rugby: Ben Waterman. Outstanding Leadership: Amber Parslow and Cameron Love. Achievement in hockey: Mia Rose Pither. Achievement in football: Ewan Mason. Special recognition awards: Charlotte Sissons and Ollie Robertshaw. Sportswoman of the Year: Taylor Gainey. Sportsman of the Year: Owen Ashwell
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 4 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen