School sports stars honoured
- Credit: Archant
SPORTING stars from St Katherine’s School in Pill have been honoured for their achievements over the past year.
The Ham Green school held its annual sports award ceremony on Thursday when Geoff Twentyman, former Bristol Rovers footballer and now host of Radio Bristol’s drive time show, was the guest speaker.
All award winners were nominated by staff in the school’s PE faculty.
Headteacher Chris Sammons said: “Students were awarded for their talent, endurance and commitment to school sport in an evening of reflection and celebration.
“Some of them are already participating in professional sports representing both their county and, in some cases, their country.
You may also want to watch:
“The hard work of St Katherine’s PE department, which provides such a wide variety of extra-curricular opportunities throughout the year, is worthy of such celebration.”
The winners were: Outstanding Commitment: Amber Parslow and Joe Conway. Achievement in netball: Briony Blenman. Achievement in rugby: Ben Waterman. Outstanding Leadership: Amber Parslow and Cameron Love. Achievement in hockey: Mia Rose Pither. Achievement in football: Ewan Mason. Special recognition awards: Charlotte Sissons and Ollie Robertshaw. Sportswoman of the Year: Taylor Gainey. Sportsman of the Year: Owen Ashwell
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 7 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun