School’s ‘outstanding’ performance of famous musical
- Credit: Supplied
ST KATHERINE’S School in Pill produced an ‘outstanding’ end-of-year performance of well-known rock musical, Rent.
The show was put on to packed audiences before Christmas.
Jeff Hutchens, head of performing arts, said: “We really challenged ourselves this year, but our fantastic students stepped up to the mark and once again have displayed their outstanding talent.”
Chris Sammons, headteacher, said: “It is a real highlight of the year as over 100 students are involved in this massive whole school production.
“Both Mr Hutchens and the cast deserve to be successful with the many hours of additional work they have put into this show.
You may also want to watch:
“The show challenges stereotypes and I am really pleased that so many young people are taking the opportunity to think about the themes and their understanding of the world in which they live.”
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 6 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 9 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 10 Council reveals cost for new primary school