School’s ‘outstanding’ performance of famous musical
- Credit: Supplied
ST KATHERINE’S School in Pill produced an ‘outstanding’ end-of-year performance of well-known rock musical, Rent.
The show was put on to packed audiences before Christmas.
Jeff Hutchens, head of performing arts, said: “We really challenged ourselves this year, but our fantastic students stepped up to the mark and once again have displayed their outstanding talent.”
Chris Sammons, headteacher, said: “It is a real highlight of the year as over 100 students are involved in this massive whole school production.
“Both Mr Hutchens and the cast deserve to be successful with the many hours of additional work they have put into this show.
You may also want to watch:
“The show challenges stereotypes and I am really pleased that so many young people are taking the opportunity to think about the themes and their understanding of the world in which they live.”
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 7 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 10 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp