School’s ‘outstanding’ performance of famous musical
- Credit: Supplied
ST KATHERINE’S School in Pill produced an ‘outstanding’ end-of-year performance of well-known rock musical, Rent.
The show was put on to packed audiences before Christmas.
Jeff Hutchens, head of performing arts, said: “We really challenged ourselves this year, but our fantastic students stepped up to the mark and once again have displayed their outstanding talent.”
Chris Sammons, headteacher, said: “It is a real highlight of the year as over 100 students are involved in this massive whole school production.
“Both Mr Hutchens and the cast deserve to be successful with the many hours of additional work they have put into this show.
“The show challenges stereotypes and I am really pleased that so many young people are taking the opportunity to think about the themes and their understanding of the world in which they live.”
- 1 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 2 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 3 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 4 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 5 Portishead retailer's suitcase appeal to support vulnerable African children
- 6 Clevedon United under-16 Girls stun Bishops Lydeard
- 7 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 8 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 9 New Clevedon shop opens in The Triangle
- 10 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad