School receives scores of new books after sponsored read
- Credit: Archant
Reading fans in Flax Bourton are looking forward to getting their hands on hundreds of pounds worth of new books.
Flax Bourton Primary School raised £699 by holding a sponsored read.
As the school raised more than £600, Usborne has donated an extra 60 per cent.
This means pupils will benefit from more than £1,119 worth of new reads.
Usborne is backing the North Somerset Times’ Books For Schools campaign to ensure primary schools in North Somerset have access to a wider range of books.
Sam Goodger, a bookseller with Usborne, has offered to help schools organise sponsored reads.
For every £100 raised, Usborne will donate 10 per cent in free books, for £250 or more the publisher will donate 30 per cent, and if a school raises more than £600 Usborne will donate an extra 60 per cent – which amounts to £360 worth of books.
- 1 Yatton RFC make history with first ever under-nine game
- 2 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 3 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 4 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 5 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 6 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 7 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 8 New free BMX track proposed for Portishead
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
To find out more about the Books For Schools campaign, email firstname.lastname@example.org