School receives scores of new books after sponsored read
- Credit: Archant
Reading fans in Flax Bourton are looking forward to getting their hands on hundreds of pounds worth of new books.
Flax Bourton Primary School raised £699 by holding a sponsored read.
As the school raised more than £600, Usborne has donated an extra 60 per cent.
This means pupils will benefit from more than £1,119 worth of new reads.
Usborne is backing the North Somerset Times’ Books For Schools campaign to ensure primary schools in North Somerset have access to a wider range of books.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Goodger, a bookseller with Usborne, has offered to help schools organise sponsored reads.
For every £100 raised, Usborne will donate 10 per cent in free books, for £250 or more the publisher will donate 30 per cent, and if a school raises more than £600 Usborne will donate an extra 60 per cent – which amounts to £360 worth of books.
- 1 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 8 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 9 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 10 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
To find out more about the Books For Schools campaign, email email@example.com