School receives scores of new books after sponsored read
- Credit: Archant
Reading fans in Flax Bourton are looking forward to getting their hands on hundreds of pounds worth of new books.
Flax Bourton Primary School raised £699 by holding a sponsored read.
As the school raised more than £600, Usborne has donated an extra 60 per cent.
This means pupils will benefit from more than £1,119 worth of new reads.
Usborne is backing the North Somerset Times’ Books For Schools campaign to ensure primary schools in North Somerset have access to a wider range of books.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Goodger, a bookseller with Usborne, has offered to help schools organise sponsored reads.
For every £100 raised, Usborne will donate 10 per cent in free books, for £250 or more the publisher will donate 30 per cent, and if a school raises more than £600 Usborne will donate an extra 60 per cent – which amounts to £360 worth of books.
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
To find out more about the Books For Schools campaign, email firstname.lastname@example.org