School receives scores of new books after sponsored read
- Credit: Archant
Reading fans in Flax Bourton are looking forward to getting their hands on hundreds of pounds worth of new books.
Flax Bourton Primary School raised £699 by holding a sponsored read.
As the school raised more than £600, Usborne has donated an extra 60 per cent.
This means pupils will benefit from more than £1,119 worth of new reads.
Usborne is backing the North Somerset Times’ Books For Schools campaign to ensure primary schools in North Somerset have access to a wider range of books.
Sam Goodger, a bookseller with Usborne, has offered to help schools organise sponsored reads.
For every £100 raised, Usborne will donate 10 per cent in free books, for £250 or more the publisher will donate 30 per cent, and if a school raises more than £600 Usborne will donate an extra 60 per cent – which amounts to £360 worth of books.
- 1 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 2 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 3 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
- 4 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 5 Portishead Tennis Club to host open day on new courts
- 6 Nailsea CC return to winning ways with big win at Frampton Cotterell seconds
- 7 Funding and inflation behind concerns over Portishead rail project
- 8 Barrow Gurney lose unbeaten record after batting collapse
- 9 Cleeve and Portishead combine to produce exciting tie
- 10 Clevedon Town announce retained list as Davies, Kemsley and Babington depart
To find out more about the Books For Schools campaign, email email@example.com