School receives scores of new books after sponsored read
- Credit: Archant
Reading fans in Flax Bourton are looking forward to getting their hands on hundreds of pounds worth of new books.
Flax Bourton Primary School raised £699 by holding a sponsored read.
As the school raised more than £600, Usborne has donated an extra 60 per cent.
This means pupils will benefit from more than £1,119 worth of new reads.
Usborne is backing the North Somerset Times’ Books For Schools campaign to ensure primary schools in North Somerset have access to a wider range of books.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Goodger, a bookseller with Usborne, has offered to help schools organise sponsored reads.
For every £100 raised, Usborne will donate 10 per cent in free books, for £250 or more the publisher will donate 30 per cent, and if a school raises more than £600 Usborne will donate an extra 60 per cent – which amounts to £360 worth of books.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 3 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 4 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 5 Nailsea & Tickenham maintain unbeaten start with comfortable win over Chard
- 6 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 7 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season
To find out more about the Books For Schools campaign, email firstname.lastname@example.org