School place deadline approaches
PARENTS have until October 31 to apply for secondary school places for their children for next year.
Those with younger children due to start primary school next September are also being reminded they must complete their applications by January 15.
Parents of children who are in their final year at an infant or first school should also apply for a junior school place by this date.
Applications must be received by the closing date otherwise they may not be considered in the first round of allocations. Late applicants have less chance of being offered their preferred school.
Parents can name up to three preferences and may apply for schools both within and outside North Somerset.
You may also want to watch:
Applications can be made online at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/admissions
Paper application forms are available from the council’s school admissions and transport team, at Weston’s Town Hall.
- 1 Mixed fortunes for Backwell Flax Bourton sides
- 2 Charlie Rich: Ashton & Backwell United name Rich as Stuart Jones' replacement
- 3 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 4 May 17: Pubs reopen indoors and coaches set off on first holidays
- 5 Goff comes good in Clevedon Sailing Club's Town Plate
- 6 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 7 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 8 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 9 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 10 Nailsea & Backwell under-16s get better of Weston on return to rugby
For more details call 01275 884 078 or email email@example.com