School place deadline approaches
PARENTS have until October 31 to apply for secondary school places for their children for next year.
Those with younger children due to start primary school next September are also being reminded they must complete their applications by January 15.
Parents of children who are in their final year at an infant or first school should also apply for a junior school place by this date.
Applications must be received by the closing date otherwise they may not be considered in the first round of allocations. Late applicants have less chance of being offered their preferred school.
Parents can name up to three preferences and may apply for schools both within and outside North Somerset.
You may also want to watch:
Applications can be made online at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/admissions
Paper application forms are available from the council’s school admissions and transport team, at Weston’s Town Hall.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 3 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 4 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 5 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 6 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 7 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 10 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
For more details call 01275 884 078 or email firstname.lastname@example.org