School place deadline approaches
PARENTS have until October 31 to apply for secondary school places for their children for next year.
Those with younger children due to start primary school next September are also being reminded they must complete their applications by January 15.
Parents of children who are in their final year at an infant or first school should also apply for a junior school place by this date.
Applications must be received by the closing date otherwise they may not be considered in the first round of allocations. Late applicants have less chance of being offered their preferred school.
Parents can name up to three preferences and may apply for schools both within and outside North Somerset.
Applications can be made online at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/admissions
Paper application forms are available from the council’s school admissions and transport team, at Weston’s Town Hall.
- 1 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 2 New store sign among latest planning applications
- 3 Volunteers needed to welcome Ukrainian refugees
- 4 Nailsea & Tickenham toast confirmation of Western League spot
- 5 Stunning century sees Barrow Gurney II secure unlikely win
- 6 West of England mayor back anti-expansion airport protestors
- 7 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 8 Artists work on show at exhibition in Congresbury this weekend
- 9 WIN! Tickets to George Michael Freedom Uncut at the Curzon
- 10 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
For more details call 01275 884 078 or email firstname.lastname@example.org