School hosts John Barrowman
- Credit: Archant
n A PILL school welcomed a popular TV star as he launched the latest book he has written with his sister.
John Barrowman, who plays Captain Jack in the BBC’s Doctor Who and Torchwood series, visited St Katherine’s School with his sister Carole, who is a journalist and English professor.
They were at the Ham Green school on March 6 to promote their new book, Bone Quill.
In the past the siblings have collaborated to write two autobiographies about John and then began writing children’s books, with their first called Hollow Earth earning critical praise.
St Katherine’s School was chosen as the venue for them to launch Bone Quill thanks to librarian Lucy Edwards’ working relationship with Waterstone’s.
You may also want to watch:
An audience of 300 year eight pupils were there for their visit along with students from various reading groups. Children from Crockerne and Avonmouth primary schools were also invited to attend.
Mrs Edwards said: “It all happened very quickly. It become reality within just 10 days.”
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 7 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 8 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 9 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads