School hosts John Barrowman
- Credit: Archant
n A PILL school welcomed a popular TV star as he launched the latest book he has written with his sister.
John Barrowman, who plays Captain Jack in the BBC’s Doctor Who and Torchwood series, visited St Katherine’s School with his sister Carole, who is a journalist and English professor.
They were at the Ham Green school on March 6 to promote their new book, Bone Quill.
In the past the siblings have collaborated to write two autobiographies about John and then began writing children’s books, with their first called Hollow Earth earning critical praise.
St Katherine’s School was chosen as the venue for them to launch Bone Quill thanks to librarian Lucy Edwards’ working relationship with Waterstone’s.
You may also want to watch:
An audience of 300 year eight pupils were there for their visit along with students from various reading groups. Children from Crockerne and Avonmouth primary schools were also invited to attend.
Mrs Edwards said: “It all happened very quickly. It become reality within just 10 days.”
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 9 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 10 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe