School hosts John Barrowman
- Credit: Archant
n A PILL school welcomed a popular TV star as he launched the latest book he has written with his sister.
John Barrowman, who plays Captain Jack in the BBC’s Doctor Who and Torchwood series, visited St Katherine’s School with his sister Carole, who is a journalist and English professor.
They were at the Ham Green school on March 6 to promote their new book, Bone Quill.
In the past the siblings have collaborated to write two autobiographies about John and then began writing children’s books, with their first called Hollow Earth earning critical praise.
St Katherine’s School was chosen as the venue for them to launch Bone Quill thanks to librarian Lucy Edwards’ working relationship with Waterstone’s.
You may also want to watch:
An audience of 300 year eight pupils were there for their visit along with students from various reading groups. Children from Crockerne and Avonmouth primary schools were also invited to attend.
Mrs Edwards said: “It all happened very quickly. It become reality within just 10 days.”
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments