School hosts John Barrowman
- Credit: Archant
n A PILL school welcomed a popular TV star as he launched the latest book he has written with his sister.
John Barrowman, who plays Captain Jack in the BBC’s Doctor Who and Torchwood series, visited St Katherine’s School with his sister Carole, who is a journalist and English professor.
They were at the Ham Green school on March 6 to promote their new book, Bone Quill.
In the past the siblings have collaborated to write two autobiographies about John and then began writing children’s books, with their first called Hollow Earth earning critical praise.
St Katherine’s School was chosen as the venue for them to launch Bone Quill thanks to librarian Lucy Edwards’ working relationship with Waterstone’s.
You may also want to watch:
An audience of 300 year eight pupils were there for their visit along with students from various reading groups. Children from Crockerne and Avonmouth primary schools were also invited to attend.
Mrs Edwards said: “It all happened very quickly. It become reality within just 10 days.”
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 Nailsea & Tickenham maintain unbeaten start with comfortable win over Chard
- 4 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 5 North Somerset Arts Week is huge success
- 6 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 7 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 8 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season
- 9 School athletics tracks gets eco-friendly floodlight boost
- 10 Nailsea & Tickenham RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four