School hosts John Barrowman
- Credit: Archant
n A PILL school welcomed a popular TV star as he launched the latest book he has written with his sister.
John Barrowman, who plays Captain Jack in the BBC’s Doctor Who and Torchwood series, visited St Katherine’s School with his sister Carole, who is a journalist and English professor.
They were at the Ham Green school on March 6 to promote their new book, Bone Quill.
In the past the siblings have collaborated to write two autobiographies about John and then began writing children’s books, with their first called Hollow Earth earning critical praise.
St Katherine’s School was chosen as the venue for them to launch Bone Quill thanks to librarian Lucy Edwards’ working relationship with Waterstone’s.
An audience of 300 year eight pupils were there for their visit along with students from various reading groups. Children from Crockerne and Avonmouth primary schools were also invited to attend.
Mrs Edwards said: “It all happened very quickly. It become reality within just 10 days.”
- 1 Yatton RFC make history with first ever under-nine game
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 4 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 5 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 6 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 7 New free BMX track proposed for Portishead
- 8 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin