School celebrates literature
- Credit: Archant
A big book swap, poetry performances and a Hunger Games quiz were just some of the activities on offer at Backwell School’s book day event.
Pupils and staff spent the day celebrating literature.
Students enjoyed guest performances from Sarah Mussi, author of Here Be Dragons, and renowned performance poet Antosh Wojcik who created My Mum Is A Lollypop Lady.
Throughout the day, a wide range of literary activities were put on for students.
Some of the sessions included dystopia in history, Frankenstein in science and debating.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils created a Hunger Games quiz and a big book swap was organised so pupils could exchanged books they had already read.
The English staff got into the spirit of the day with costumes ranging from Huckleberry Finn to Dr Jekyll.
- 1 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 2 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 3 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
English teacher Kate Rose said: “It is fantastic to be able to offer such enriching experiences to our pupils.”