School celebrates literature
- Credit: Archant
A big book swap, poetry performances and a Hunger Games quiz were just some of the activities on offer at Backwell School’s book day event.
Pupils and staff spent the day celebrating literature.
Students enjoyed guest performances from Sarah Mussi, author of Here Be Dragons, and renowned performance poet Antosh Wojcik who created My Mum Is A Lollypop Lady.
Throughout the day, a wide range of literary activities were put on for students.
Some of the sessions included dystopia in history, Frankenstein in science and debating.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils created a Hunger Games quiz and a big book swap was organised so pupils could exchanged books they had already read.
The English staff got into the spirit of the day with costumes ranging from Huckleberry Finn to Dr Jekyll.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
English teacher Kate Rose said: “It is fantastic to be able to offer such enriching experiences to our pupils.”