School celebrates literature
- Credit: Archant
A big book swap, poetry performances and a Hunger Games quiz were just some of the activities on offer at Backwell School’s book day event.
Pupils and staff spent the day celebrating literature.
Students enjoyed guest performances from Sarah Mussi, author of Here Be Dragons, and renowned performance poet Antosh Wojcik who created My Mum Is A Lollypop Lady.
Throughout the day, a wide range of literary activities were put on for students.
Some of the sessions included dystopia in history, Frankenstein in science and debating.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils created a Hunger Games quiz and a big book swap was organised so pupils could exchanged books they had already read.
The English staff got into the spirit of the day with costumes ranging from Huckleberry Finn to Dr Jekyll.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 9 Countryside charity condemns plan to build 600 homes in village
- 10 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
English teacher Kate Rose said: “It is fantastic to be able to offer such enriching experiences to our pupils.”