School celebrates literature
- Credit: Archant
A big book swap, poetry performances and a Hunger Games quiz were just some of the activities on offer at Backwell School’s book day event.
Pupils and staff spent the day celebrating literature.
Students enjoyed guest performances from Sarah Mussi, author of Here Be Dragons, and renowned performance poet Antosh Wojcik who created My Mum Is A Lollypop Lady.
Throughout the day, a wide range of literary activities were put on for students.
Some of the sessions included dystopia in history, Frankenstein in science and debating.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils created a Hunger Games quiz and a big book swap was organised so pupils could exchanged books they had already read.
The English staff got into the spirit of the day with costumes ranging from Huckleberry Finn to Dr Jekyll.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 5 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 6 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 7 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 8 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 9 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 10 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
English teacher Kate Rose said: “It is fantastic to be able to offer such enriching experiences to our pupils.”