Fairfield pupils awarded scholarships
- Credit: Fairfield School
Eight pupils at Fairfield School, in Backwell have been awarded scholarships to private senior schools.
Year six students were awarded grants to attend Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Clifton High School and Redmaids’ High School.
Headmistress, Lesley Barton said: “This fantastic achievement is a reflection of their ability, determination and hard work, and the thoroughness of their preparation.
“I am immensely proud of all our pupils at Fairfield, and our warmest congratulations go to them and their families. We wish all our year six pupils every success in their future studies.”
Eighty three students have been awarded scholarships to private senior schools in the area over the past 15 years.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a significant number for a small school like ours and recognition of our ability to deliver a consistently high record of academic performance,” added Mrs Barton.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 5 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 6 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 7 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 10 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative