Fairfield pupils awarded scholarships
- Credit: Fairfield School
Eight pupils at Fairfield School, in Backwell have been awarded scholarships to private senior schools.
Year six students were awarded grants to attend Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Clifton High School and Redmaids’ High School.
Headmistress, Lesley Barton said: “This fantastic achievement is a reflection of their ability, determination and hard work, and the thoroughness of their preparation.
“I am immensely proud of all our pupils at Fairfield, and our warmest congratulations go to them and their families. We wish all our year six pupils every success in their future studies.”
Eighty three students have been awarded scholarships to private senior schools in the area over the past 15 years.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a significant number for a small school like ours and recognition of our ability to deliver a consistently high record of academic performance,” added Mrs Barton.
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 3 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 4 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 7 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 8 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 9 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 10 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun