Fairfield pupils awarded scholarships
- Credit: Fairfield School
Eight pupils at Fairfield School, in Backwell have been awarded scholarships to private senior schools.
Year six students were awarded grants to attend Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Clifton High School and Redmaids’ High School.
Headmistress, Lesley Barton said: “This fantastic achievement is a reflection of their ability, determination and hard work, and the thoroughness of their preparation.
“I am immensely proud of all our pupils at Fairfield, and our warmest congratulations go to them and their families. We wish all our year six pupils every success in their future studies.”
Eighty three students have been awarded scholarships to private senior schools in the area over the past 15 years.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a significant number for a small school like ours and recognition of our ability to deliver a consistently high record of academic performance,” added Mrs Barton.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 4 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 5 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 6 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 9 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 10 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published