Fairfield pupils awarded scholarships
- Credit: Fairfield School
Eight pupils at Fairfield School, in Backwell have been awarded scholarships to private senior schools.
Year six students were awarded grants to attend Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Clifton High School and Redmaids’ High School.
Headmistress, Lesley Barton said: “This fantastic achievement is a reflection of their ability, determination and hard work, and the thoroughness of their preparation.
“I am immensely proud of all our pupils at Fairfield, and our warmest congratulations go to them and their families. We wish all our year six pupils every success in their future studies.”
Eighty three students have been awarded scholarships to private senior schools in the area over the past 15 years.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a significant number for a small school like ours and recognition of our ability to deliver a consistently high record of academic performance,” added Mrs Barton.
- 1 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 2 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 3 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 9 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 10 New school to open in Yatton later this year