Rocking the ‘50s vibe
- Credit: supplied
A SCHOOL restaurant was rocking to the sounds of the 1950s when a special American diner-themed evening was put on.
This was held at The Leaf at St Katherine’s School and saw year 12 hospitality students plan, organise and manage the event.
As part of their challenge they were given £600 and told to double it.
The resulting evening was a sell-out with 50 guests enjoying food, drink and live music in the decorated restaurant.
Hospitality manager, Paul Mingo-West said: “This was definitely the best event we have ever hosted.
You may also want to watch:
“The students worked so hard and they deserve all the praise they received from customers.”
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 4 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 9 Your Paper, Your Voice – we’re here to listen and act
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches