Rocking the ‘50s vibe
- Credit: supplied
A SCHOOL restaurant was rocking to the sounds of the 1950s when a special American diner-themed evening was put on.
This was held at The Leaf at St Katherine’s School and saw year 12 hospitality students plan, organise and manage the event.
As part of their challenge they were given £600 and told to double it.
The resulting evening was a sell-out with 50 guests enjoying food, drink and live music in the decorated restaurant.
Hospitality manager, Paul Mingo-West said: “This was definitely the best event we have ever hosted.
You may also want to watch:
“The students worked so hard and they deserve all the praise they received from customers.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 5 Clevedon school launches pop up shop to support low income families
- 6 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 7 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 8 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 9 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime