Rocking the ‘50s vibe
- Credit: supplied
A SCHOOL restaurant was rocking to the sounds of the 1950s when a special American diner-themed evening was put on.
This was held at The Leaf at St Katherine’s School and saw year 12 hospitality students plan, organise and manage the event.
As part of their challenge they were given £600 and told to double it.
The resulting evening was a sell-out with 50 guests enjoying food, drink and live music in the decorated restaurant.
Hospitality manager, Paul Mingo-West said: “This was definitely the best event we have ever hosted.
You may also want to watch:
“The students worked so hard and they deserve all the praise they received from customers.”
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 7 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 8 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport