Rocket-making class goes off with a bang
- Credit: n/a
Rocket science has kept primary school pupils from Portbury busy in recent weeks.
As part of the South West Science Challenge, children from St Mary’s Primary School were asked to create a mini rocket.
The aim of the competition was for the pupils to get their rocket mice to fly the highest.
The pupils had to design, decorate and construct their rockets using bottles before setting them up on the launch pad.
Several teams managed to get their rocket through a hoop which was placed 10 metres away.
You may also want to watch:
The winners progressed to the final which was held yesterday (Thursday) at Clevedon School.
- 1 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 2 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 3 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 6 New officer verification process introduced by police
- 7 Driving group needs more volunteers
- 8 Camera club wants new members to join
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea