Supporters raise hundreds of pounds for school library improvements
- Credit: Archant
Delighted pupils set foot in their newly refurbished library which will soon be stocked with new books.
The Whiteoak Way Schools Association (WOWSA) held a quiz night, bake sales and discos and raised almost £2,000 towards the library refurbishment project.
Staff and pupils from The Whiteoak Academies of Hannah More Infants and Grove Juniors are delighted with the room which has been given a lick of paint and kitted out with new furniture.
Staff have also ordered new reading materials to motivate children to become keen readers.
The library is open during three lunch times and all classes in key stage two have an allocated weekly time slot.
You may also want to watch:
Staff use the space for guided reading and the library is also home to the new book club.
The school is continuing to seek funding for books and it is keen to hear from businesses or groups keen to make a donation or sponsor a shelf.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon