Supporters raise hundreds of pounds for school library improvements
- Credit: Archant
Delighted pupils set foot in their newly refurbished library which will soon be stocked with new books.
The Whiteoak Way Schools Association (WOWSA) held a quiz night, bake sales and discos and raised almost £2,000 towards the library refurbishment project.
Staff and pupils from The Whiteoak Academies of Hannah More Infants and Grove Juniors are delighted with the room which has been given a lick of paint and kitted out with new furniture.
Staff have also ordered new reading materials to motivate children to become keen readers.
The library is open during three lunch times and all classes in key stage two have an allocated weekly time slot.
You may also want to watch:
Staff use the space for guided reading and the library is also home to the new book club.
The school is continuing to seek funding for books and it is keen to hear from businesses or groups keen to make a donation or sponsor a shelf.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 4 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 5 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 6 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
- 9 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 10 Clevedon's first tournament of season is big hit