Supporters raise hundreds of pounds for school library improvements
- Credit: Archant
Delighted pupils set foot in their newly refurbished library which will soon be stocked with new books.
The Whiteoak Way Schools Association (WOWSA) held a quiz night, bake sales and discos and raised almost £2,000 towards the library refurbishment project.
Staff and pupils from The Whiteoak Academies of Hannah More Infants and Grove Juniors are delighted with the room which has been given a lick of paint and kitted out with new furniture.
Staff have also ordered new reading materials to motivate children to become keen readers.
The library is open during three lunch times and all classes in key stage two have an allocated weekly time slot.
You may also want to watch:
Staff use the space for guided reading and the library is also home to the new book club.
The school is continuing to seek funding for books and it is keen to hear from businesses or groups keen to make a donation or sponsor a shelf.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 3 Portishead garden protected from development
- 4 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 5 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 6 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 7 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Murray named player of month at Clevedon
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call