School raffles off hamper to raise money for pupils to receive new equipment
- Credit: Archant
A North Somerset estate agent presented pupils from a Clevedon school with a hamper to raise funds for new equipment to benefit pupils.
Reeds Rains lettings manager, Sue Huxtable, presented the hamper to pupils at Mary Elton Primary School for a fundraising draw organised by the Home School Association (HAS).
HSA aims to provide items or equipment which enhance the school experience for the children, but are not provided for within the school budget.
It raises most of its money for the children by organising fundraising events.
A HAS spokesman said: “We aim to bring people together and have some fun whilst making money for a good cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Sue said: “Reeds Rains likes to support a variety of organisations in the community and we were very pleased to be able to make this donation to help the school.”
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 5 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 8 Clevedon Music Club cancels winter concert
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award