School raffles off hamper to raise money for pupils to receive new equipment
- Credit: Archant
A North Somerset estate agent presented pupils from a Clevedon school with a hamper to raise funds for new equipment to benefit pupils.
Reeds Rains lettings manager, Sue Huxtable, presented the hamper to pupils at Mary Elton Primary School for a fundraising draw organised by the Home School Association (HAS).
HSA aims to provide items or equipment which enhance the school experience for the children, but are not provided for within the school budget.
It raises most of its money for the children by organising fundraising events.
A HAS spokesman said: “We aim to bring people together and have some fun whilst making money for a good cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Sue said: “Reeds Rains likes to support a variety of organisations in the community and we were very pleased to be able to make this donation to help the school.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
- 7 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 8 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend