School raffles off hamper to raise money for pupils to receive new equipment
- Credit: Archant
A North Somerset estate agent presented pupils from a Clevedon school with a hamper to raise funds for new equipment to benefit pupils.
Reeds Rains lettings manager, Sue Huxtable, presented the hamper to pupils at Mary Elton Primary School for a fundraising draw organised by the Home School Association (HAS).
HSA aims to provide items or equipment which enhance the school experience for the children, but are not provided for within the school budget.
It raises most of its money for the children by organising fundraising events.
A HAS spokesman said: “We aim to bring people together and have some fun whilst making money for a good cause.”
Sue said: “Reeds Rains likes to support a variety of organisations in the community and we were very pleased to be able to make this donation to help the school.”
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 10 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents