School raffles off hamper to raise money for pupils to receive new equipment
- Credit: Archant
A North Somerset estate agent presented pupils from a Clevedon school with a hamper to raise funds for new equipment to benefit pupils.
Reeds Rains lettings manager, Sue Huxtable, presented the hamper to pupils at Mary Elton Primary School for a fundraising draw organised by the Home School Association (HAS).
HSA aims to provide items or equipment which enhance the school experience for the children, but are not provided for within the school budget.
It raises most of its money for the children by organising fundraising events.
A HAS spokesman said: “We aim to bring people together and have some fun whilst making money for a good cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Sue said: “Reeds Rains likes to support a variety of organisations in the community and we were very pleased to be able to make this donation to help the school.”
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 7 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 10 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance