Record GCSE results for Backwell School
BACKWELL School is celebrating a record year for GCSE results.
An impressive 83 per cent of year 11 pupils achieved at least five A*-C grades and every student in the year gained at least five A*-G grades.
Seventy per cent of students achieved at least five A*-C grades, including English and maths, and 105 students gained the prestigious baccaluareate qualification.
Some of the highest achievers include David Bassanyi who picked up 12 A* grades, Megan Powell who attained 12 A*s, one A and one B, Sophie Headdon who achieved 11 A*s and Wizzy James, Hayley James, Eleanor Furlong and Katie Hickling who each scored 10 A*s.
Headteacher, Julian Baldwin, said: “We are very proud of these young people. All our students across the ability range have done superbly well in subjects that really matter for their futures. They have worked really hard and deserve their success.”
You may also want to watch:
To see more photos click on the link at the top of the page.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Special school expansion progress
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset