Record GCSE results for Backwell School
BACKWELL School is celebrating a record year for GCSE results.
An impressive 83 per cent of year 11 pupils achieved at least five A*-C grades and every student in the year gained at least five A*-G grades.
Seventy per cent of students achieved at least five A*-C grades, including English and maths, and 105 students gained the prestigious baccaluareate qualification.
Some of the highest achievers include David Bassanyi who picked up 12 A* grades, Megan Powell who attained 12 A*s, one A and one B, Sophie Headdon who achieved 11 A*s and Wizzy James, Hayley James, Eleanor Furlong and Katie Hickling who each scored 10 A*s.
Headteacher, Julian Baldwin, said: “We are very proud of these young people. All our students across the ability range have done superbly well in subjects that really matter for their futures. They have worked really hard and deserve their success.”
You may also want to watch:
To see more photos click on the link at the top of the page.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 5 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Ashton & Backwell United announce departure of Rich
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage