Ravenswood School could become an academy
- Credit: Archant
A Nailsea school is considering converting to an academy to give staff and students access to more resources.
Ravenswood School in Pound Lane has been advised by North Somerset Council to join a multi-academy trust (MAT) so it can share expertise, opportunities and financial benefits with other schools.
Headteacher Philippa Clark has sent a letter to the school’s neighbours to advise them of the possible changes and to ask for their views.
Mrs Clark states: “After much investigation into different MATs, the governing body decided the best pathway for Ravenswood would be to apply to join a MAT called Inspirational Futures Trust (IFT).
“It is sponsored by Weston College and is a cross-phase MAT with a focus on North Somerset and Bristol children.
You may also want to watch:
“Its aim is to support all partner schools to provide outstanding education and for each school within the trust to keep its individual identity and local management.
“In practice, our neighbours and the local community will see little change in the day-to-day running and leadership of the school.
- 1 Murray named player of month at Clevedon
- 2 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- 3 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
- 4 Portishead garden protected from development
- 5 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 6 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 7 Somerset Speedway to sit out 2021 season
- 8 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 9 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 10 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
“There are no plans to adjust staffing, term dates, uniform or the general ways we do things here.
“In January 2014 Ofsted judged the school as good and we are on our journey to have outstanding provision for our pupils.
“We believe Inspirational Futures Trust can help us achieve this goal by supporting us to provide enriched learning opportunities for our learners and to gain funding to improve facilities across the school site.”
The school wants to hear from its neighbours about the idea and people can send their views to firstname.lastname@example.org